Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Help/question

Anyone know if the windscreen has new properties that stop the French toll tag from working....?

Just had to stop and reverse at the peage (popular....) but when I put the tag out the window it worked...

Wondering if there is something in the new vehicle that blocks the signal? Really don’t want to keep putting my arm out for the next 1,000 km’s.... Laughing

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Yes it has a reflective layer in it to stop heat in summer from memory. There is an area around the mirror which does not have this and is designed to take things like the tags, mine worked fine there last year when in France Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I think only the FE had a reflective (purple tinge) on the windscreen as standard Russell, unless you specified it on other models as an extra Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

How old is the Tag? I replaced mine this winter and I am due to use it for the first time in May.

Last year mine did not work, but it had been deteriorating for awhile and you had to be closer and closer for it to bleep.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    I think only the FE had a reflective (purple tinge) on the windscreen as standard Russell, unless you specified it on other models as an extra Thumbs Up

It came as part of many of the packs but which ones I cannot remeber off hand

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

It has the “athermique” (or whatever it’s called) windscreen and I did mount it below the black patch left and right of the rear view mirror. So looks like it’s my mistake.

And to answer Jimbg - new tag, a year old. Updated it with the access to Spanish tolls.

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

A bit of hot air needed to remove and relocate then! Thumbs Up
  • GP1200
    Australia 

I have the “ Solar Actuacting “ windscreen in my HSE LUX, my radar detector stopped working ( picking up the GPS and speed ) while located in the bottom of the screen. If you follow the screen out from the the rear vision mirror you can see the change in windscreen color and the sculptured plain screen sections either side of the mirror near the black spotted part becomes quite obvious.

Jack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum