Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sups
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Roof Bara

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, had a search to no avail (and new here).

After a engine fail on my Disco Sport, I’ve got a Discovery 5 for a few weeks to go on holiday. It’s got no roof rails, and I’m in need of roof top storage... what’s best option for aftermarket roof bars (cross bars) direct fit so I can get a Thule box on top?

Cheers
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I suspect you will need the factory rails before you can attach anything like a thule cross bar

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

You need the full length roof rails fitted first along with the trim pack, you can then fit cross bars either LR or the likes of Thule. This will not be a cheap fix, from memory roof rails with fitting is circ £500 +

Just found this

Rails and finisher kit £360.00inc vat, should be a DIY job but take a look at below link for a better idea.
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2011166

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • sups
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cheers guys - I’ve seen references to flush fit, is this a more discreet roof rail rather than direct to roof?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Do I understand correctly you want to use the roof bars on a loan car? If so I'd ask to see if they have one available with roof rails.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

sups wrote:
    Cheers guys - I’ve seen references to flush fit, is this a more discreet roof rail rather than direct to roof?

I have the roof Rails on mine and when I put the cross bars on they were too high for me to put some kit I wanted to carry so ended up putting the seats down and loading in the back.
    Is there such a thing as Flush roof bars or was that reference to the THule bars being lower than the genuine LR cross bars ?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I have roof rails on mine and they sit flush to the roof, compared to say the front section of a full length roof rail on a D3/D4 - that I would call raised.
    And I think you're right, the Thule bars sit lower.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum