Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

New to Disco5

Hello all,
    Sorry, I couldn't find the 'welcome' thread. I'm on the verge of buying a D5 and wanted to see if any of my old friends from the D3 days were alive and kicking on here.
    I can't PM yet but saw a few familiar names I think. Well here's hoping that I can renew my association with JLR Discos soon.
    Been looking at a 2.0l Si4 HSE. No towing tin-tents around these days (too old for it now) plus SWMBO actually hates them....
    Would look forward to renewing acquaintances with anyone that knew me a dozen years back Smile
    regards, John
  • Davro
    United Kingdom 

Hi,

Welcome back John !, I am on here lurking too in the hope that one day I am able to take the plunge and get a D5, still got my D3 with 128K on the clock now !

regards,

Dave
  • TazDaz
    England 

Hi Dave
    128K that's not so high is it? I remember D3's with double that and still chundering about!
    I was tempted to keep my D3 longer (had it from 2006 to 2011) but SWMBO decided she wanted a more 'sensible' car Rolling with laughter I think bringing it home at weekends covered in mud and taking two days to clean all the cxxp of decided it for her. Anyway, after having a few nondescript cars for a few years I am tempted to go back to a Disco. I've lost count of the cars I've tried out recently - none of them seem to suit my driving style like a Disco. Oh well, fingers crossed. Thumbs Up
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Hey John ...long time since the dizzy days of the south east meet eh Thumbs Up ..how the devil are you? Very Happy

Welcome to the controversial world of the D5....we are almost as unpopular than Trump Rolling with laughter
  • TazDaz
    England 

Hi Rich Smile
    Hope you're well.
    Yes it's a few years since those meets on the green in front of the Fairmile in Chobham.
    Oh dear - why is the D5 unpopular then? Personally, I like Mr Trump LOL
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Re: New to Disco5

TazDaz wrote:
    wanted to see if any of my old friends from the D3 days were alive and kicking on here.

Quite a few of us old dinosaurs still on the D3/4 channel. Whistle

TazDaz wrote:

How long U got? Oh dear, now I’m in more trouble than usual. Laughing Laughing
  • TazDaz
    England 

Hi Derek
    Nice to hear from you. Thumbs Up I must pop-over to the D3 or is it D4 forum and check for dinosaurs Wink
    I guess I'll have to trawl (or is it troll?) the members list here to see who else I can tempt out of the woodwork.
    So, (from what I can gather) that the D5's rear end is considered ugly, well, lucky for most, they haven't seen my wife's Rolling with laughter
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

DSL wrote:
    TazDaz wrote:
    wanted to see if any of my old friends from the D3 days were alive and kicking on here.

Quite a few of us old dinosaurs still on the D3/4 channel. Whistle

TazDaz wrote:

How long U got? Oh dear, now I’m in more trouble than usual. Laughing Laughing

Welcome to the Posh Side Del Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Cya over there. Thumbs Up

Re ugly rear end, not for me to say. Whistle
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    Welcome to the Posh Side Del Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Just thought I’d drop in and see who I could say hi to/annoy (delete as appropriate). Thumbs Up Laughing
  • TazDaz
    England 

Shocked Shocked Shocked Dealer just phoned - going to pick up the D5 on Friday 20th. Shocked Shocked Shocked
    HSE 2.0 petrol Si4 Fuji White with Black Pack, Privacy glass, 20" 5-split gloss wheels. Drive Pro Pack.
    Not sure what else it will have. Lots of twiddly knobs and buttons I expect.
    Probably take a month of Sundays to get my head around all the tech. Rolling Eyes

Can't wait now Even SWMBO's getting excited.
    First long trip will be to Costa Blanca in Spain, hopefully late August.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Word of advice - READ THE Censored MANUAL !

What took me a week too fiddle about with, was a 2 min fix after reading the manual Big Cry

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Well done John Thumbs Up
  • TazDaz
    England 

As a matter of interest, my dealer sent me the details of my InControl account etc.. He said it's all complete now - tried the LR app and I can see the car etc. So, does that mean that they've activated a Data SIM card for me or do I still need to get one?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum