Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Visit to Solihull factory

I went round the Solihull factory yesterday on one of their experience tours with a couple of friends.
    Had a great time. The folks running the experience centre were brilliant.

They say it takes 72 hours to build new discovery which shares the track with Range Rovers, and a new car rolls off the line every 83 seconds! It was great watching them drive away.

I was told I could watch my new car getting built so I immediately arranged that with a great guy called Adam in the visitor centre, those guys were excellent too, despite the fact that by the time we got to the centre it was going home time for them they really made us feel welcome.

Adam emailed me this morning, my new disco is hitting the line at 6 am Wednesday 5th December. He's arranged for us to get there at 9 am to watch the marrying up of running gear to body, fitting of seats, putting doors on etc.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing my car being born.

I told Adam I'll go down the day before and stay in a local hotel so I can get there for 9 and he is sending a car to pick us up and take us to the factory and drop us off when it's all over.
    I don't think the way we were treated is a one off, and I'm only buying a disco, not a top of the line range rover autobiography. IMHO these people need a pat on the back so here it is.

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Will you be able to take pictures? Would love to see how the process works.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi
    Unfortunately they won't allow photos inside the factory otherwise I would have taken loads.

You can take them in the show areas I've attached a couple of my last visit

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

DieselRanger wrote:
    Will you be able to take pictures? Would love to see how the process works.

Unfortunately not they won't allow photos in the factory.
    You can take them in the range rover centre though, and outside here's a couple.
    Stretched defender there's only 14 of them and that's what they drive you around in

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum