Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Low battery

I wanted to open to trunk today, didn’t work automatically anymore. Could open it manually and it closed automatically, so thought it forgot its settings and configured the opening again, to no avail. Looked into the iguide and found ‘low battery’. Pretty fast draining than, as I didn’t use the car for more or less 2 weeks (drove it out the garage once for some pics regarding the front tinted windows and back in, but that’s it). Car didn’t give any warnings of the low battery, but the moment I put it on the charger (yes ctek for agm batteries;) it started beeping with the low battery message... and once charged, the trunk worked again. So just giving the info that if it is not opening... battery check! But not good, as for sure am not going to leave it at the airport or so for more than 2 weeks afraid it will not start again.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix, is your car fitted with a tracker?
    If so, then thats possibly also killing the battery.
    I have the same problem on my Subaru.
    When am away for 2 weeks the car really struggles to turn over when parked indoors, and needs a jumpstart.
    If away for 3 weeks the car is totally dead and doesn't even turn over.
    Car is fitted with an RAC Trackster + from the factory. When the battery is low, I get an alert on the mobile.
    It was the RAC mechanic who told me that the tracker needs to lock onto a satellite and once it does it goes into sleep/hibernate mode, consuming far less power from the battery. However when the cars in the garage, with no clear line of sight, it can't lock onto any satellites and therefore is constantly scanning for something to lock onto, which inevitably kills the battery prematurely.
    No issues with the D5 as it's used daily even though garaged nightly. Occasionally the D5 is not used over the weekend either with no problems and its fitted with a tracker. I have noticed that if the doors are opened whilst vacuuming the interior, the low battery message appears on the dashboard. Also if the radio is on for a bit whilst cars engine is off or watching tv also gives the low battery warning. Am surprised myself that the battery seems to loose so much power in such a short space of time Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

The car has a tracker indeed... the D4 had it as well, but that battery lasted a bit longer than. Thanks for the info, never thought about it as a real energy consumer...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum