Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Damaged nearside wing mirror

Just popped into the supermarket, I came out and some person had clipped my nearside wing mirror and driven off. No idea who and my Blackvue doesn’t show it as it was a side swipe. From what I can see the clear side repeater plastic has vaporised and the top shell plastic cover has scratches on, primarily from falling to the ground. Everything else plus functions, downrlight etc. is working fine. Photo shows the thick sellotape I put on it to maintain some water proof integrity.

I’ve checked prices, unless anyone can suggest something cheaper.

New top shell - £55
    Clear repeater lens - £53
    Painting of top shell £78

All includes VAT.

My insurance excess is only £100, but I am tempted to DIY to be honest.

Last edited by Dangerdave on 16th Nov 2018 6:11 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

You could just live with it. Then peeps will think you’re well ‘ard and steer well clear. Literally. Thumbs Up
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Live with it! Shocked do you know what you’re saying man, OMG! Shocked until it’s fixed, it will be a brown paper bag over the head.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

My OCD is inversely proportionate to the repair costs for cosmetic stuff. My D3 was testimony to that. Laughing Laughing
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Dangerdave, there have been some on Fleabay, various spec and colours around the £150 mark. But that still works out cheaper than repair, unless you can paint yourself.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

DIY painting. Thumbs Up

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

That seems cheap, minecost nearly a 1000 to replace, it had cross traffic detection etc.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I was lucky that apart from the top casing and indicator strip, no other damage was done.

Oh very droll Del. Laughing

Yes, I’ve had a look at Evilbay, but nothing in Navik unfortunately. Think they had one in Santorini.

I don’t mind too much in honesty, better things to do rather than fret over a wing mirror, could have done without the person responsible Censored off without a note to even say sorry - the joys of motoring.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I agree that seems cheap. I just had a few deep scratches fixed by a body shop at $1,500. Lesson learned, it takes 2 people to attach the awning to the roof bars.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Ouch! That was an expensive lesson.

The prices I got today were from a main LR dealership.

I took the vehicle round to the insurance assessors later. They agreed with me about what required replacing. They were to get back to me with their estimate, but I told them and the insurance that I might not claim if the cost was not a lot more than my £100 excess. Don’t suppose I’ll get the estimate until Monday.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum