Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Sunglasses

Am I right in thinking that there is a sunglasses holder in front of the sunroof switch. I ask because I can not open it. Confused

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

One finger touch and it opens under control
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I was rather afraid someone would say that as I have tried that but it won't open.

• D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Can you post a photo?
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Nothing opens on mine either?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

There was a post on this a good while back. It only opens on the lower end models as far as I can remember.

The Hse, Hse Lux and F.E. don't have it. I think the space is reserved for automatic gates and garage opening modules.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes, your HSE L will not have it Col. as roadrunner says.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

My 2018MY HSE has it.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Cars that have rear seat entertainment as a factory fit don't have it as the white fire headphone sender is mounted there

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    There was a post on this a good while back. It only opens on the lower end models as far as I can remember.

The Hse, Hse Lux and F.E. don't have it. I think the space is reserved for automatic gates and garage opening modules.

HSE has it as do almost all other models. It is only missing if there are rear screens I think.

The HomeLink stuff is fitted into the rear-view mirror housing.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

My HSE has it - but beware - in the summer all it does is cook your sunglasses - if the sun has been on the roof for any length of time your glasses are red hot when you take them out of this holder, and if not carefull you end up with the bridge of your node being burnt.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Russell/Paul P, thanks for clearing that up.

Apologies for the confusion.

I thought it was the homelink modules in there, but yes it's the RSE sensors housed in there.

We have the RSE so hence no sunglasses holder, but the loaner car did have it which was an S model. I was a tad disappointed tbh, as its handy keeping a spare set of glasses in there.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
    My HSE has it - but beware - in the summer all it does is cook your sunglasses - if the sun has been on the roof for any length of time your glasses are red hot when you take them out of this holder, and if not carefull you end up with the bridge of your node being burnt.

Al

...and when it's cold, they get fogged up them minute you put them on!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Right So there I was pushing at it expecting it to open and it never will. Sad

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum