Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Tyre Pressure Sensors

Reading in the forums someone mentioned that if you buy a set of wheels complete with pressure sensors that have already been used on a D5 then your own D5 will recognise the new sensors without any more work than just bolting the wheels on the car.

Has anyone actually got any first hand experience of this, or have I misunderstood?
    Wondering if I have to pair them?

Shocked

cheers
    AJ

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

If they are genuine D5 ones they should self learn within a few miles.

Andrew S did this with no issues, but older D4 style ones dont work.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Ok cheers
    I'll give it a go then

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Mine came with TPMS on 22" wheels, I wanted a smaller set of wheels with off road tyres.

So I brought a set of 19" RRS wheels, new Maxxis tyres and off ebay a set of new genuine D5 TMPS valves.

The tyre seller put on the new set of tyres with the TPMS valves from ebay. I drove off and all 5 worked perfectly (I am assuming the spare did as I got no error message). I did not go any where near a dealer to get them connected as they were already set up to work

In Australia the dealer wanted $300 per TPMS valve, ($1,500 for the set of 5) The genuine ones I got off ebay cost me $300 + postage for the set of 5.

So I now have a set of 22" with TPMS sensors and 19" with TPMS sensors and both sets work perfectly
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Brilliant!
    Thanks for that
    👍

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum