Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Roof box and bars

I need to buy a set of roof bars and a large (500 litres...ish) roof box. Has anyone got any experience, good or bad, that I can benefit from? Car is santorini with black roof rails, so looking for black cross bars and box. Any help/advice would be gratefully received.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Thule roof bars (Wingbars) seem to be a better option than the genuine LR ones - I guess their roof boxes as well but couldnt comment as never had to use a roofbox

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If you do a a search there have been several threads and photo's regarding roof boxes.
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine came with the LR ones, but I also bought the feet for my Thule wing bars as I have the fittings for the kayaks on that one.

I therefore have a pair of LR genuine roof bars that I'd sell.

BB

MY19 HSE Lux
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Re: Roof box and bars

Yorkietiger wrote:
    I need to buy a set of roof bars and a large (500 litres...ish) roof box. Has anyone got any experience, good or bad, that I can benefit from? Car is santorini with black roof rails, so looking for black cross bars and box. Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

I have a Yakima SkyBox Pro on the factory LR crossbars. Just drove home on Sunday from the mountains in 40mph+ cross winds and it was totally fine.
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I can certainly recommend the Kamie 510 roofbox. I bought it for the wife’s VW Tiguan last year when we decided to see if we could manage with one car and missed the boot space of the L405 but her car was sold yesterday so now that we are getting the D5 I doubt it’ll be used again. However it’s gloss black, big and streamlined so would suit a Santorini car and opens from either side. We bought from the roofbox company after finding out that Kamei are highly rated and make the VW roof boxes branded as VW but only up to 340 Ltrs. I’d have a look on their site for the bars too. Good prices and easy to deal with.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum