Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Remote start

I’ve been using remote climate a lot recently, but have not found a way to jump in and drive off without having to restart the engine. Is that the same for everyone?

When I get in the car it says “press brake pedal to select gear” and the gear selector is down. Press the brake pedal, engine dies, have to restart the car.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Nope, mine only stops the engine if I open the boot before opening a door. Otherwise it runs continuously allowing driving off (assuming the key is present in the car).

Does your keyless start work properly? I expect that flat batteries in the key would cause a problem.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply Jon. Keys should be fine (car is only five months old). Everything else seems fine except the standard misaligned boot meaning I can’t open it except from the outside button.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

No, when I press the brake pedal the gear selector comes up and the infotainment system starts. Engine never stops....
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Sounds like another bug then, for mine! Cheers guys.

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

although I use remote start infrequently in the winter (use it more in summer) mine does as others have said, press brake pedal as the message on instruments says and the gear lever raises and dials come to life and the radio starts its 2 minute warm up....

In winter I use the Fuel Burning Heather loads, interestingly the infotainment boots up quicker if I have used the fuel burning heater, presumably because it had to boot up behind the scenes to work the heater?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Whippetman
    England 

PRH wrote:
    No, when I press the brake pedal the gear selector comes up and the infotainment system starts. Engine never stops....

My 2017 is good too.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum