Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RH15LEW
    Wales 

HSE v HSE Lux

Currently in a predicament which model to go for. Around £3k difference to spec up exactly the same. Is the HSE Lux worth the extra money? Currently have a D4 Lux, and honestly can't think when i turned the rear entertainment on and the radio is on but usually pretty low so don't get the benefit of the upgraded sound system!

Also, HUD, is it worth the money?

Thanks all!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I've been through this extensively over the past couple of weeks and just about to order the HSE Lux.

There were items on the lux that I would definitely have optioned on the HSE - sliding front roof, Meridian surround, terrain response 2, Then items that I definitely value - cooled front seats, four zone climate, 21s. Lastly, a big ticket item that I wish wasn't there (would rather a cheaper price), but still think is useful - the rear seat entertainment.

As I am PCPing, the monthly cost on the optioned HSE vs. the optioned HSE Lux was extremely close. Total life costs higher due to higher GFV/buyout from PCP.

Overall, the value of the Lux would probably attract me even if paying cash, but on a PCP it became a bit of a no brainer. If you don't need some of the higher cost options, though, the HSE is still an incredibly luxurious package I think.
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Equilibrium, thank you very much for the reply. I've spec'd both up pretty much exactly the same, the same 21" tyres, sliding roof on the HSE, Terrain response 2. I'm happy with 3 way climate, the standard sound system is good enough for me.

More than likely will be a cash buy, PCP figures were not adding up and will potentially be changing every 12-18 months.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Sounds good RH15. I think in your position, I’d probably take the HSE. Meridian surround and rear entertainment are two big items that you don’t need and cash purchase perhaps nails it Smile i suspect you might see more of your money back on the HSE, but I am no expert on LR values!

One other thing I suppose - the glacier interior option. But unlikely to be a deal breaker if keeping for a short time?
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Glacier won't be an option for me, wheelchair in and out and in around farm yards all day! Biggest headache now is which 21" wheel to go with Corris grey! Will find a set of 20" to put Duratracs on for the winter months, probably style 5011 in black, i like the style 5025 in grey, but is it soo much grey Big Cry
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Just looking at the configurator.

I think those 21" 5011s in black will be a great match for Corris. Interestingly, they are not available in 21" for the Lux, only in 20" or 22" - odd!

Agree with you that grey wheels will be lacking contrast against the CG exterior. I'm a bit old school in liking the wheels to stand out from the car.

Sounds like you will be using your Disco properly, farm yards etc. Good stuff!
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

I may spec it on 20” wheels, Duractracs on and just leave them on! But have found a nice set of 21” on Ebay...
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

For me it’s also something that I considered and went for the Lux. The thing is you’ll get that three grand back when you sell the Lux and don’t forget that heated steering wheel which I wouldn’t be without.

I guess my rear entertainment will never get switched on but those winged headrest alone are much nicer than the standard fare.

I’ve had the silver grey and black diamond cut wheels on two L405s and they are fab. My favourite 21 inch wheel.

And finally, yes the HUD is worth it but tick the pack ( think it’s called technology pack) and you pay just 65 quid or so more and you get two extra optional extras. I’ve got it and wouldn’t be without it. Thumbs Up

Hse Lux SDV6
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Thanks BlackDog, going to visit a dealer tomorrow, hopefully they'll have a HSE and a Lux to compare the seats! I'll be going from a 4 Lux, will probably miss the extended leather but not something i want to pay for in a 5! I've got HUD in the RRS and your probably right, I wouldn't be without it now!
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I too had the D4 HSE Lux and it was a belting car. I've had a month loan of the RRS (SDV6 AB) and it wasn't for me. A bit too firm and pointy. The D5 is a different beast altogether and the new diesel makes it as quick as you want it to be. Whichever car you choose I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Hse Lux SDV6
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Next headache...Corris or Carpathian Grey Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I can make that both easier and more irritating for you.

Having paid my deposit on Saturday, my dealer has just called me to tell me that my colour choice - Loire Blue - has been withdrawn by Land Rover today. Gutted Sad

He also said that my second choice - Corris Grey - has also been withdrawn.

No more orders on either colour across the entire model range.
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Shocked Shocked Shocked bloody hell! I would have thought Corris was one of the best sellers across the range! Only one grey seems a bit odd but decision has been made for me by the looks of it!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I know...ever other LR or FFRR/RRS seems to be CG...funny decision
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Exactly. Obviously wanting us to py for premium paints Big Cry
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum