Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mav101
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Disco 2018 SE spare wheel security - new device?

Hi all,

I've just got my new Disco 3.0 SE in Corris Grey Smile I had a 2016 Disco4 HSE previously with a full size spare and was fully aware of the security issue as i lost one spare before i got my RLD security disk.... anyway i took a look under the back of the new one to see what the spare wheel situation was with the intention of fitting the RLD disc i already have, but it looked as though there is already a security disk present. Question - is this a new addition to the standard spec? Is it any good ?

Cheers, Andy
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I think it was in response too several owners suffering from stolen spares. Picked up our car with it already fitted.

Apparently you can use Rays one over the top of the LR one giving it double protection, so too speak. Someone has done this and posted on the forum already a few months back.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mav101
    United Kingdom 

thanks, interesting...
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I fitted Uncle Ray's over the top for total peace of mind Smile
  • mav101
    United Kingdom 

don't think my RLD will go over the top as its the "Ad blu" version...
  • Labbix

Never got this and never got a reply on my why not question from JLR dealer nor importer, maybe only for the English...
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

..and Welsh Whistle Wink
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi mav when I took mine in for a service they were also supposed to fit the LR Spare wheel cover. However on picking it up they said they hadn't fitted it as the one I had fitted was much better (RLD)
  • mav101
    United Kingdom 

very interesting. was your RLD the flat disc (like mine) or the one with the hump in it?
  • Craigp
    England 

Can't remember, Embarassed it's certainly flat from the underneath. I know this is embarrassing. I can't even recall if I bought it for the D4 or not. It's round and it's painted black but I don't suppose that's any use to you. I would contact Ray to see if yours will fit.
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Can anyone post a pic of the LR solution. My car is only a week old, but it doesn’t appear to have any disc or obvious device protecting the full size spare?
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

They took my RLD one off and fitted the LR one.

The LR one is not as good - fitted Rays back over the top Thumbs Up

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
    I fitted Uncle Ray's over the top for total peace of mind Smile

Me 2 👌🏻
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 
  • mav101
    United Kingdom 

thanks, did a search initially and didn't find that thread... very interesting, i think the fit of the JLR one is probably better on the smaller wheels as it fills the wheel on my 19". Like it mentions the lug is still exposed unlike the RLD cover i had on my D4 with its wheel the other way up... it looks as though using my "AdBlue" version of the RLD cover on the D5 would be pretty similar to the JLR one, but the older D4 covers would cover the lug too?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum