Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ossrider
    United Kingdom 

All Terrain Tyre on 19 Inch Rim

Hi,

My parents have just changed from a Discovery 4 to a Discovery 5. They had 255/55r19 Coopers on the 4. However I note that the new 5 has 255/60R19 profile on. We were thinking originally of replacing the factory rubber with all terrains but can't find anything in 255/60R19. I have tried searching this forum but not been very successful on finding what others may have fitted.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

You're not the only one with that issue. I had my SE order with 19" wheels changed to 20" for that reason. Maybe you can find some 20" rims from someone who upgraded to 22"rims, then sell the 19" ?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I bought a set of 19” D5 wheels and put my 255/55/19 Duratracs on

Runs ok and great in the snow n shiiiiiiite Thumbs Up
  • ossrider
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies Smile

That's good to know SharkySharks as I might just replace them with the slightly smaller tyre. Good to know you are getting on fine.

On a vanity note I didn;t want to make the wheels look too small with the slightly smaller tyre. Do they still look in proportion? I thought the earlier 5's particularly with 18" wheels looked odd. But that is purely a cosmetic issue on my part!

Have you got a side pic with the 255/55 19's on?

Cheers
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I didn't think a D5 had 18" wheels from factory, 19" was the smallest wheel size. I heard TuffAnt have a set of 18" wheels that fits the D5

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • ossrider
    United Kingdom 

You might well be correct Ron. I just seem to remember that the earlier models seemed to have small wheels in proportion to the vehicle. I just assumed that they were 18's as the now current base 19's look well proportionally in my eyes. I am conscious that if I fit smaller rubber I will loose that look. I have seen a few pictures of svo rescue Discovery with 19's and what appear to be 255/55/19 duratrac which look well so all may not be lost Smile
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Here’s mine

I’ve got to say the ride is a lot better with the 19” rather than my 21” Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum