Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

New Colours?

Does anybody know what the new colours are going to be now they are dropping Loire Blue & Corris Grey?
    1st post on D5 forum so be gentle.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Welcome Slug,

Much friendlier over here!
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Dropping Corris Grey! FFS
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Portofino Blue replaces Loire Blue, check out the Jaguar XE configurator if you want to see a sample. I also found a second hand F-type for sale online in that colour.

I've not seen it in real life yet, trusting the XE configurator, but signed the order for my MY20 PB D5 this morning. LB was dropped literally on the day that my MY19 order went in, great timing!

On the configurator it appears all but identical to Loire Blue.

The name of the grey escapes me.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Is it Eiger grey?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

That might be it, but wouldn't swear to it Smile

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Labbix

Equilibrium, what are the differences between MY19 and MY20 D5? And are they already available to order then, new 3 liter petrol available as well?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

So that's a good question Labbix, and I don't know the answer in full.

What I can see that my dealer has done is carefully transfer spec items onto the new order sheet, so where as I had simply tech plus pack on the MY19 order, my MY20 breaks out the items as well as listing the pack - all of this is presumably to ensure I get what I expect.

I've not seen a full spec list for MY20, as I assume a retail one does not exist yet.

My assumption is that there is a gamble at play for me here. MY20 could include as standard something that I now have as option and vice-versa. Likewise the list price could (surely will, on past form) rise. I've taken the view that locking in my price and key spec now is worth doing. It seems unlikely that anything key will be dropped from the standard equipment list - that would be more likely to happen when the facelift launches.

I think my dealer has been checking things with LR and put a lot of work into the order.

One thing I did note - privacy glass £400 in MY19 vs. £450 in MY20.

I'm told that the order now goes into a 'holding pool'. In answer to your are they ready to order question, I think the short answer is 'sort of'!

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

PS. Does anyone know when the forum gets a MY upgrade and a MY20 sub-forum will appear in the orders section Laughing

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum