Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Buying a D5 bit by bit ! got a HSE on demo

Hi,
    well I have started to buy a D5, its just one bit at a time Shocked

just a towbar so far Rolling Eyes well it is a removable type, the cross member, swan neck, foam holder and electrics

all I need now is a car to fit it to Laughing taking our RRS in for a service end of this week so you never know Question

Last edited by RiverBlanche on 4th May 2019 8:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Good luck with finding the rest of it Laughing

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Whippetman
    England 

Re: Buying a D5 bit by bit !

RiverBlanche wrote:
    Hi,
    well I have started to buy a D5, its just one bit at a time Shocked

just a towbar so far Rolling Eyes well it is a removable type, the cross member, swan neck, foam holder and electrics

all I need now is a car to fit it to Laughing taking our RRS in for a service end of this week so you never know Question

I went in for adblue top up on service plan with DS and bought an ex LR management D5 Lux !
    Mid life crisis Very Happy

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Laughing Whippetman that’s priceless. I once went in for a four wheel alignment on a Volvo V70 and came out with a pre-registered XC70, took that in for its two year service and came out with an XC90! Had a BMW X3 since then and now on the D5. Great car.

2018 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, Black Roof Rails, 21” 9 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Detachable Towbar, Air Ioniser, Side Steps
  • Whippetman
    England 

¡¡ Very Happy

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

getting a loan car while ours is in for the service

D5 3.0 (306bhp) SE spec, so you never know Whistle

also seen a rear valance for sale to cover the towbar Laughing
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

If you dont get one where is it please as I am after one Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    well we had our RRS serviced and MOT done and took a D5 SE with a few options on for a run round,

Its Not going to be an SE Shocked have to try an HSE next

the D5 feels very similar to the RRS inside and size wise outside, ride is different as expected "leans" more but also a softer ride, but not by much on 20"
    the acceleration was notably different, the D5 revs more but did not pick up as quick Surprised
    does not sound the same either Whistle
    More usable space in the boot and like that the rear flap stays up when you open the boot by the rear switch, so the dog does not want to jump out, but found if you open the boot by the key the flap Does drop down Question
    Not an SE, as not keen on no cover over the middle cup holders and no memory seats either, also no option to drop mirrors when reverse selected

The down side is if we look at a HSE we are back to RRS figures again so may stick on this side of the fence.

So much for buying the TowBar first Laughing

Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

Did you try same engines in both RRS and D5, 306 horsies and 700Nm?
  • Labbix

And was it a D5 with the adaptive suspension, as I suppose the leaning will be a lot better? The RRS probably had this option already or not?
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    yes our RRS is a 306 and is a Dynamic,
    asked for a D5 306 as the loan car and even asked the question when we dropped it back off, it was that noticeable I thought it was an earlier engine model (68 plate with digital steering wheel controls) and they confirmed it was a 306 but no, it did not have the adaptive suspension

Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

So add the adaptive suspension for the leaning and the pedalbox for the lag in response and you are settled Wink
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Hi
    The "lean" was as expected so don't think we would go Adaptive

Not heard of the pedalbox Question But a quick search and now know, doubt it would work though, as it was not the take up or lag, just the lack of power Rolling Eyes
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    well its been on the back burner for a few weeks Rolling Eyes
    but
    we are getting a 306 HSE for a few days to try Cool

Looking forward to it, has a towbar as well so will be trying towing as well (only a small trailer)

Thumbs Up
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

well first impressions are good Cool

this one Must be the 306 and the SE we had before Not Rolling Eyes its got so much more uuumph like the RRS

goes around the bends well, suspect it has the adaptive suspension, does have dynamic pack, black leather with red stitching and I like the dark headlining, the digital switches on the steering wheel seem a bit "twitchy" expect you get used to them but I end up moving down to many slots then back up again Confused

Bike trailer popped on the back (using it tomorrow) and the light check function is Cool Cool Cool

The seat bases are flatter than the RRS (can tell getting in) but the sides feel the same and they are comfy

Not so keen on the hard dash top, but most other stuff is looking good

One thing has has surprised me is the ride on the tyres 285/40/22 I think its better than the RRS with 275/45/21 it does not tram line and ride the undulations as much Question
    yet 10mm wider tyres with 10mm less sidewall (+12.5mm for the rim so same radius) can only put it down to the steering damping it better Question

So the only thing now is for swmbo to like it Thud

Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum