Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Laney26
    United Kingdom 

2019 brand new SE or 18/17 reg HSE

Hi guys sorry I’m picking your brains again. So I have a choice to make do I go for a brand new SE with 360 camera and park assist or do I get a HSE with no add ons which is a 17 or 18 reg. what are the pros and cons? Many many thanks for the help really do appreciate it
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Guess you will have to do the maths. Obviously a new car will depreciate massively overnight whereas a 12 month old vehicle has cost the previous owner in that respect. There will probably be plenty of HSE's with extra goodies at very attractive prices and with very low mileages available, it's a question of your personal preference. I chose the pre owned and I am extremely happy with it.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

How are you doing on discounts Laney? If you are close to list price on a SE you may be able to get into a HSE with the right deal. Are you taking out finance/PCP.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

By the way, the spec and interior differences between SE and HSE are very significant. The latter has far more of a luxury feel. But the SE drives the same and is a wonderfully comfortable car (my test was in a SE).

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Laney26
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    How are you doing on discounts Laney? If you are close to list price on a SE you may be able to get into a HSE with the right deal. Are you taking out finance/PCP.

We have found a deal for a brand new SE with 360 camera, autoparking , rear camera for £599 down and £598 a month with a final purchase of £25k at 4.9%. The HSE used start at 42k and they are wanting over 600 a month with final fee just over £20k with 6k down. G
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The 306bhp SD6 engine and adaptive dynamics were introduced in the 2019 model. Both are a significant upgrade from the previous model.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Seems like a lot of money to be paying monthly? Does anyone but me pay cash for a car these days?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

My optioned HSE Luxury comes in at £570 with £15k down, mid 30s balloon. Without options I would imagine a similar HSE deal would be close to the numbers you have for the second hand one. I will dig out where I got to on the HSE in the morning, but most of my haggling focused on the lux.

You mention 4.9% - is that rockar. I managed to pretty much double their discount in the end, albeit higher APR.

• Laney26
    United Kingdom 

The se spec with the 360 camera etc is 599 down and 599 a month which looking over the last couple of months seems to be good considering the options.

We paid cash for the last few cars but this one will be finance. We did a personal lease for the bmw 335 we have but that is coming to an end. Personal lease on the disco is over 700 a month with 6k down.

How much did you guys get off list / used price?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Discount from list was around 11% for me.

• Laney26
    United Kingdom 

Nice one that’s awesome
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Cash - 18% off list, but I did do LR finance for less than a day to get that = LR deposit allowance. Think it cost me £6 in interest.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Laney26 wrote:
    Nice one that’s awesome

Looking at where I got to with the HSE - my build with £8k of options came in at £15k deposit and £620 per month, £31k-ish GFV.

Knock off those options and it looks around £7k deposit and £620 per month, as options are all paid off within the term.

This was only around 7/8% discount and so I suspect I could have got it cheaper, which might bring it cheaper than the used one you mention.

If you want a couple of dealer contacts, feel free to PM me.

By the way, you should definitely check SE vs. HSE inside before making your choice - the SE is a brilliant car for the money, but it's different. More of a change than a typical one-step-up in other manufacturer's ranges IMHO.

Top of my head, different seats in the HSE with nicer leather, sliding cover on the centre console (which makes a bigger difference than it sounds), hidden storage behind the centre console, different colour choices. Then things like the stereo, digital cluster, adaptive cruise and lots of other bits and pieces.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Dangerdave wrote:
    Cash - 18% off list, but I did do LR finance for less than a day to get that = LR deposit allowance. Think it cost me £6 in interest.

That's an incredible deal - was that with NFU as well or just a normal retail discount.

PS. on your earlier post re PCP/finance, it's horses for courses I guess. Myself, I'd rather keep cash in savings than tie it up in the car, even though that adds up to greater cost long term. Where I have further savings, again would rather use to reduce mortgage or top up long term savings (pension/stock ISA).

I set myself a monthly budget at the outset and tailor the deposit to acheive that once I've done what I can with the discount. I like the theoretical flexibility of PCP, but my intention at the outset is always that the GFV will be paid off and the car will be owned outright - PCP just 'buys' me that extra flexibility should the worst happen. This will be my fifth PCP and the departing 440i will be the first that I have not bought out - due to circumstances changing. I'd always rather keep a car 5 years plus to even out the depreciation per year from the steep start.

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

No, not NFU - I wish. That was from Guy Salmon, Stockport, I was in the right place at the right time. It was a stock car. Thing is no one dealership is consistently cheaper than another, what’s cheap one week isn’t the next.

I didn’t have a trade in, I flew down, got collected by them at Manchester Airport and drove back. They did fill the car right up. I got home on a full tank 7 hours later.

I suppose I am old school re finance.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum