Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

HSE Luxury SDV6 Ordered

Not quite in the right place, but there is no MY20 sub-forum yet.

As I have been droning on about extensively, my MY19 Loire Blue order was stymied on the day of submission by the withdrawal of that colour. After some umming and aahing, we've decided to go for the replacement colour Portofino Blue. Although not available on the configurator yet, it is on the XE configurator and looks almost identical to LB. Will be heading to a Jaaag showroom to view a sample before the build is locked down by LR.

Very excited about moving to a Discovery. Have been in saloons and hatches all my life and can't wait for a SUV. We have a 23 month old daughter and another baby on the way, so perfect time for it. The Disco 'won' from a long period of extended test drives across Tesla Model X, Cayenne S, G05 X5 (new model) and RRS (both SDV6 and PHEV).

Have gone for a HSE Luxury as I wanted the Surround Audio and sliding sunroof anyway. SDV6 was always going to be the choice, coming from a 322bhp inline six petrol in my soon-to-depart BMW 440i.

Full list of options:

Ebony morzine headlining
    Windsorleather-Glacier/Ebony
    Metallic-Portofino Blue
    Natural Charcoal Oak veneer
    Privacy Glass

Smartphone Pack

Adaptive Dynamics

Driver Assist Pack:
      Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist

360 degree surround camera

Technology Plus Pack
      Solar attenuating windscreen

Headup Display

Adaptive LED Headlights with signature DRL

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 

Very nice. Happy with mine so far - 4 months in. Enjoy.
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

When you getting it Equilibrium?

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Delivery is 31st July on the order sheet, but I won’t be surprised if that slips. Don’t want it to slip much though, would really like the car in July/August.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You'll love it when it arrives. Make sure to put some pics up so we can see how good the Blue is Thumbs Up

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Labbix

So you were able to order MY20 already? I’m waiting for it as JLR will be swapping my MY18 for a MY20, but they told me even last Friday it’s not available yet...
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

My dealer seems to have been able to place my order, Labbix, although I think it was a bit unusual. I’ve not seen the full specs or list price etc.

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

Labbix wrote:
    So you were able to order MY20 already? I’m waiting for it as JLR will be swapping my MY18 for a MY20, but they told me even last Friday it’s not available yet...

My dealer has said pretty much the same, I have put a deposit down, but the build it currently in the dreaded 'holding pool'. My last experience of being 'in the pool' was in 2014 when a D4 that should have been delivered in April, got delivered in September, and it was still the MY14 model rather than My15.
    I have no MY20 details, apart from the colour changes to Eiger Grey & Portofino Blue.

Big Cry
  • L90Andy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Congrats on the order.
    I live chatted the adviser whilst on the configurator and asked about the colours. They said Corris and Loire were temporarily unavailable and until they were back online there would be no replacement colours and that the dealer wouldn't be able to accept an order for either.
    Good to see a consistent message Rolling with laughter
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

It’s quite bizarre isn’t it? I’m giving my dealer credit at the moment for managing to piece together an order. And keeping fingers crossed that it’s in the holding pool and will get built once the MY20s start.

• Labbix

This is what I got from info:
    The new in line 6 cylinder engine will not be available until 21 Model year which in 'English' means start of ordering late June 2020 with deliveries starting October 2020. It looks as though the SD6 engine continues for 20 MY. For connected markets the Smartphone pack becomes standard where previously it was an option and Blind Spot monitoring is a stand alone option where before it was part of a pack. Low Rolling Resistance tyres are fitted to 20MY to reduce CO2.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Labbix. Good info as smartphone pack is a chargeable item on my order so will keep an eye on that. Happy to have the proven SDV6 though, it was a perfect match for the car I tested.

• Labbix

I was thinking that the petrol i6 mhev could be nice as well (as in the sport hst), and don’t really understand why there is no longer a 3 liter petrol on offer at the moment , especially while the new ingenium exists...
    And for sure a 3 liter diesel ingenium is on its way as well, but not before MY21 it seems.
    But don’t shoot me if not all info is correct, although this info was directly from UK HQ.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Ah sorry, I was just thinking diesel.

Yes, if there was an I6 petrol MHEV or PHEV then I would have been sorely tempted.

The P400 PHEV drivetrain in the RRS was fantastic, so I would order that over the SDV6 if it was available. Swapping the I4 for an I6 would make an even more compelling option.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Just an update on my own order.

A couple of weeks ago, we viewed a sample of Portofino blue at a jag dealer and compared it in the sun with a Loire Blue f-pace. Fairly unimpressed, Portfofino is less ‘classy’ possibly due to very blue (rather than silver) flecks in the paint. That was the end of that.

Order rejigged and finally finalised this week, with Carpathian Grey and black roof bars also added. Deal now at 4.9% APR as well, which is good news.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum