Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RH15LEW
    Wales 

Standard 20” Tyres

Could anyone tell me what tyres come standard on 20”? Make, size, speed rating, weight rating etc.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Pirelli Scorpions, although it can change between Wranglers and Continental tyres.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I got 20" GoodyearEagle F1 ATs as OE on mine...

(Not what I wanted!)

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I also had the Goodyear's. 255/55-20 W-rated. Great on road, not so great off road.
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Thanks for the reply’s, not too bothered what they are as their coming off the day i pick it up, tire supplier wants to know what they are to quote on a set of BF’s and taking the standard tyres in
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

My 20" rims came with Duratrac!! 😊
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

How did you manage that? I asked the dealer to swap mine from the standard tyre to GG AT3's expecting that they'd swap them for free since they were a cheaper tyre and they could sell the standard tyres for a higher price.

No! they wanted and extra £700 for a set of GG AT3's so I didn't bother and swapped them myself, did a bit of ebay wheeling and dealing with the original ones.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

RH15LEW wrote:
    Thanks for the reply’s, not too bothered what they are as their coming off the day i pick it up, tire supplier wants to know what they are to quote on a set of BF’s and taking the standard tyres in

I replaced mine with 275-55/20 Cooper Discoverer AT3 and they fit fine - lots of others are running 275/55-20 with no problem also.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

how are the Coopers wearing? I have come to the conclusion that waiting for a 255 AT type tyre is not an option, the only fitment I can find are Duratacs. and they appear to be a little to noisy on tarmac.

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

They are wearing OK. I have probably 15,000 miles on them and they're getting a little bit noisy at middling speeds on road (30-45mph) but still quiet enough at highway speeds. Wear is noticeable but not concerning.

I'll certainly get this summer and probably all of next summer out of them before I won't feel comfortable using them off-road, at that point I would predict I'll have about 30,000 miles on them. I swap them out in winter for dedicated snows. A bit heavier than the Goodyears it came with but with a little extra sidewall and airing them to the "light load" pressures they're comfy and solid. That is likely contributing to wear. I think running them at higher pressure (over 45) would make the ride much harsher due to the heavier tire. They can take up to 51 psi but unless I was towing a full load I would never run them at that pressure.

I may go for the Goodyear All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar next - those seemed to wear great on my Touareg which was within a couple hundred pounds of the D5 and more "sport" than "utility". Seems like that's what they're testing the new Defender on. Might be marketing nonsense but I do like the idea of Kevlar armor in the tread and sidewall.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

thanks for this very helpful

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum