Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Charlie B
    United Kingdom 

Dynamic Rear Bumper

Hi,

Firstly I’m new to forum, I’ve been lurking for a while until I bought my new Disco last week so thanks to all existing members for the content. It was hugely helpful to my purchase!

I have a quick question for the experts, I have the dynamic pack on the car with all the gloss back side skirts etc but I have noticed my rear ‘diffuser’ doesn’t match the CGI photos of the car. It could be that i had the removable tow hitch fitted at the dealer. My question is, is this normal with the tow hitch or has the dealer fitted the wrong part?

Hopefully there will be a photo below....
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the rear bumper panel (usually silver) is different for cars fitted with removable and deployable towbar, compared to those in standard form.

The ones with towbar have a slightly curved panel that "bulges" more to house the towbar. Easy way to see if a car has a towbar or not.

Last edited by mordred1973 on 30th May 2019 9:33 am. Edited 3 times in total

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

+1.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Interesting point, i may be loosing it but I can swear I've seen some other "variants" of the Dynamic bumper? Obviously the solid "vents" has been discussed on here but some seem to have more "slats" than others?

i need to take some pictures when i get chance. (got 3 mates with various years but all dynamics)

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

have to admit, having a "non dynamic" but a Black Pack, mine is still the only one I have seen with black inserts in the bumpers rather than various shades of silver.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • RAW
    England 

Go on the accessories page for D5 and look at towbars and I’m sure the part numbers are there to have the bumper trim in different colours
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Agreed they are, mine just has what JLR decided it should, black lol

• Charlie B
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies, I was rather hoping it was an error to be honest as I like the dynamic insert a lot more... will need to be less vain I suppose...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum