Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jj123vw
    United Kingdom 

Headlights to high . How to adjust ?

Hi everyone just bought a 2018 discovery five and the headlights are so high up in the air that people are flashing me thinking I’m on high beam when I’m not. I can’t see any adjustment inside the car ( only a dash brightness pop out button to right lower of steering wheel ) so does anybody have any ideas how to adjust the headlights down? I think they are xenon and it is a discovery SE U.K. diesel 2.0ltr model , thanks
  • RAW
    England 

Check that they are set to R/H Drive in vehicle settings via steering controls.
  • Fer
    Spain 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Scotia Grey

The same thing happened to me and I ended up adjusting them from the headlight itself, they have some plastic screws with an allen head that when turned to one side or the other the light goes up or down.
  • jj123vw
    United Kingdom 

RAW wrote:
    Check that they are set to R/H Drive in vehicle settings via steering controls.

Yes I’ve tried that and they say drive on left so that’s correct .
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

On my previous D4, the Xenon headlights used internal shutters to close down the beam for dipped beam. If the D5 Xenons use the same design, you could have a stuck shutter so they effectively emit high beam all the time.

This might (or might not) help https://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic73791.html

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • jj123vw
    United Kingdom 

Found a little place that you put an Allen key in on the back of the lights which are just at the time FYI for anyone else reading this post. Remove the little top plastic cover on the inside of the engine bay above the headlight two screws and it’s the first hole underneath that you can insert an Allen key into
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: Headlights to high . How to adjust ?

jj123vw wrote:
    Hi everyone just bought a 2018 discovery five and the headlights are so high up in the air that people are flashing me thinking I’m on high beam when I’m not. I can’t see any adjustment inside the car ( only a dash brightness pop out button to right lower of steering wheel ) so does anybody have any ideas how to adjust the headlights down? I think they are xenon and it is a discovery SE U.K. diesel 2.0ltr model , thanks

Are you sure it’s the adjustment ….rather than the auto main beam setting?

My car seems slow to dip the lights when sensing oncoming traffic which has caused some people to flash me before they auto dip.
  • jj123vw
    United Kingdom 

Yes it’s not the auto high beam . Read my reply above . It’s been sorted now with an Allen key adjustment on back of the lights
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum