Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• klinkhammer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Swift conqueror 2018 lights

Picking up a MY19 HSE Lux in a couple of weeks brochure says the D5 doesn't like trailer led lights.
    I had a relay fitted to the van to get over problems with D4. Does anyone know if this compatable with the D5 or do I need to get it changed?
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Is it this unit you had fitted?

https://sargentltd.co.uk/shop/product/led-...l-unit/240

They do make variants for some vehicles. Maybe best to contact them as they do all the electrical systems for swift group and coachman vans. Perhaps others too.

My swift caravan with led lights actually worked ok on my D5 without the interface but the dash board tell tale was unreliable (only for the right indicator) due to the very low current drawn by the LEDs so I fitted one of these units in any case.

Jon
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I would check the lights first before you do anything. A relay as I recall was only required for the D3 to resolve "flickering" of LED indicator lights. The D4 didn't require a relay but still needed a resistor wired to the indicators to emulate a bulb so the car would recognise a trailer attached. MY17 D5 apparently still didn't recognise a trailer with LED lights but my (and many others) MY18 recognises any trailer with LED lights without modifications - ie inside you'll see the green trailer light come on when you use the turn signals.
    I'd be surprised if your MY19 required any modification.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Fitted an LED lightboard too my trailer with no issues whatsoever.
    Dash functions fine.
    MY18 car so I assume MY19 would be ok.
    Like Ron suggests, I would wait and check, before you order extra bits Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • klinkhammer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thanks for the replies guys.
    D4 only need the mood to enable the telltale on the dash, so I'll wait and see.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum