Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RH15LEW
    Wales 

Boot Opening

Does anyone know if its possible to programme the boot to open both parts on the button? Getting tired of having to press the button on the inside to drop the small shelf!
  • bammmy

Only one press of the button opens both, either a fault or something in the settings 👍
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Off the key both open, if opening from inside the car and the button on the boot its only the boot that opens Confused
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Both seem to open when I sweep the leg under the butt as well.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

RH15LEW wrote:
    Off the key both open, if opening from inside the car and the button on the boot its only the boot that opens Confused
    ’’that’s apparently to stop the chance of something rolling out...as you are still in the drivers seat. Never quite understood why that also happened when pressing the V button, as like when using the fob, or kicking the foot ...you are stood there to stop things rolling out.
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Mine opens both no matter what button I use.

I think the trick is to close it without lifting up the bottom flap first. that way the next time you open it they both open.

Hope that makes sense.
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

I never close the bottom flap, just press the button on the boot itself to close the whole thing, must be a software change to do it surely
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

this would be a great software update to allow you to configure what buttons do with the flap.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I'm pretty sure mine opens in whatever state it was when last closed, so, if I closed it with the flap down, it closes the flap up on shutting the boot. When I open it next it opens the flap also.

If I have closed the flap separately myself before shutting the boot, when I next open the boot the flap stays up.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

Certainly not the case with mine, the only time both will open is off the key fob!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

on mine...key fob and gesture kick. if using button under the V or the facia button then the inner tailgate remains upright and has to be lowered with the button in the load area.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Mine is same as Mordred
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Have to assume then Labbix, thats how they were designed to work (certainly the earlier ones)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

If one day I get my MY20, will check if there’s a difference Wink but doubt it
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I haven’t even tried to work that one out. If it doesn’t come down, I use the boot switch. Life’s too short to worry about such things.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum