Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Fun in the Hebrides...

Stunning recent trip up to the Outer Hebrides, via a couple of nights in Glencoe... Spent 5 hours valeting the car inside & out before the 700 mile journey up.

Enjoyed some magnificent weather, and even borrowed an ATV and hit the beaches for some off-roading of a different variety! Kids loved it!

But then I made a silly error. Parked up in a car park, and then when I came back, forgot I'd parked facing a very low but very solid flower planter. From behind the steering wheel, it was completely hidden and just a clear car park ahead of me. I pulled forwards and there was a horrid sound of something being pushed forwards. Jumped out, and realised I'd just nosed a planter forwards, doing this to my poor front bumper. Booked into the bodyshop for a few days' time. Doh!

Pride myself in having an immaculate car, always. So this was a painful, painful day!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Lovely photos apart from the last one. Sad

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Don’t get carried away, this is the reality in the Outer Hebrides most of the time. I recall one summer it rained for the biblical 40 days in a row, never left off. Also chuck in a few million midgies per square foot.

In good weather, it’s great, but then so is anywhere. Rolling with laughter

PS, Driving on the Machair destroys it.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum