Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

New member 2017 HSE td6

Just wanted to say “hi”. Excited to be collecting our new 2017 Discovery to replace the 2014 FL2 we’ve had from new. Was torn over Disco 4 (which would have been very familiar coming from the freelander) or 5 which is completely different to what we’re used to.
    Hope we’ve made the right choice…

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If it is from a main dealer then make sure all the updates are applied and that you have Apple CarPlay , etc installed.

The previous owner(s) may not have bothered to keep it updated. Thumbs Up

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice, it is from a main dealer. I’d thought about map updates, will ask about other software updates Thumbs Up
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Congrats, you’re going to love it I’m sure!

I had a Disco Sport loaner once (not sure how that compares with a Freelander, but must be on a par or better?) and it was a huge relief getting back in my D5 at the end of the day. The DS felt closer to a X3 than a D5 (or indeed any other LR I’ve driven).

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Is that Carpathian btw? Lovely colour which I enjoyed for a year on my 2019 D5.

If yours has the advanced driving assistance, such as adaptive cruise, steering/cruise assist, then make sure you give that a thorough test once you have the car. 20 miles or so letting it drive itself as much as possible. If any of the sensors related to that are malfunctioning then it will throw a major wobbly after (not during) that kind of run in my experience.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the comments. Our freelander has been a great car but we’ve outgrown it now so a 7 seater is on the agenda. I’m sure it will feel a bigger car to drive initially but it has a couple of useful extra’s for parking / manoeuvring etc., 360 cameras plus reverse traffic detection. It doesn’t have adaptive cruise.

The colour is corris grey.

Ps. Does anyone have a 2017 price list they could share? I’ve been searching the net but can’t find anything; I’m just curious to see what the original list price was with the added options.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I’ve got a 2019 brochure and price list, but nothing earlier.

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Welcome Stevie_B.
    Good choice. You soon get used to the size, I found running over cats eyes and road edge markings helped adjust to the wider track. I trust you got a decent warranty with it, They can be expensive if they go wrong.
    with regards to pricing it does depend on what extras are fitted,.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 

Thank you. It’s an LR approved used car so comes with a 12 month warranty, I’ll look into extending it at the end of the period if possible. Hoping it’s a good one, it’s a one owner car that’s been serviced by the supplying dealer pretty much on the same day each year which indicates to me that the previous owner was quite fussy about it. …fingers crossed, collecting Saturday Very Happy
  • Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 

Collected the Discovery yesterday and had a 3.5hr drive home to get familiar with it. I was a little nervous about it’s size initially but that wore off as the journey progressed. So many positives, the ride is fantastic, it’s comfortable with lots of adjustment in the seats, it feels planted and is very quiet at motorway speed. I’m not a real teccy person but I like apple car play and have set up my InControl app today.

Very pleased!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Congratulations Stevie. Having driven much of the competition (X5/X7/Cayenne/Tesla X) or spent a lot of time looking closely at them (XC90/Q7), the Discovery really is a cut above in design and material quality.

Shame the electrics/tech and random build exist on the debit side, but you’ve got yourself a great vehicle - enjoy it.

Only the X7 and Cayenne are as rounded and lacking compromise in their respective categories imho.

• Stevie_B
    United Kingdom 

10 days in and glad to report I’m still enjoying the car.

Would be interested to hear if there are any issues with keyless locking? Twice now I’ve found the car to be unlocked after I’ve locked it via the passenger door handle. I put the first down to user error but it happened again today and I am 100% certain I locked it, in fact I deadlocked it. Conversely I’ve had no issue when using the key fob.

On a hopefully unrelated note, I woke up to the sound of the alarm going off at 03:20 this morning and almost immediately had a call from a nice lady asking if everything was ok (got a 3yr subscription with the car). Quite impressed with that, hoping there isn’t a fault with the alarm as there was no sign of any disturbance outside. …our cat appeared a couple of minutes later so I’m blaming him for now!

Thanks, Steve.

2017 HSE Td6, Corris grey
    Versatile climate comfort pack, 360 surround camera, blind spot + reverse traffic detection, 16 way seats, sliding sunroof, fridge.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Heavy rain?

My car alarm goes off if I pressure wash the mirrors when the car is locked and alarmed.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

Its flies with mine!!!!!
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Stevie_B wrote:
    10 days in and glad to report I’m still enjoying the car.

Would be interested to hear if there are any issues with keyless locking? Twice now I’ve found the car to be unlocked after I’ve locked it via the passenger door handle. I put the first down to user error but it happened again today and I am 100% certain I locked it, in fact I deadlocked it. Conversely I’ve had no issue when using the key fob.

On a hopefully unrelated note, I woke up to the sound of the alarm going off at 03:20 this morning and almost immediately had a call from a nice lady asking if everything was ok (got a 3yr subscription with the car). Quite impressed with that, hoping there isn’t a fault with the alarm as there was no sign of any disturbance outside. …our cat appeared a couple of minutes later so I’m blaming him for now!

Thanks, Steve.

Have a look at the dash menu to tell you what set the alarm off. Bonnet switches are quite common failures and will set off the alarm.

Jon

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum