Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Rows 2 & 3 Electric Seat Failure

A couple of months back I started to have issues with the second and third row seats. It first manifested itself as a problem with the row two seat back tilt switch to allow access to the third row, sometimes pressing the switch of top of the seat back would work, and sometimes nothing would happen. Progressively things got worse, so that sometimes pressing the switches in the boot would not work, and sometimes they would, but eventually no buttons worked at all, and none of the seats would operate.

Took it to the local independent, and he tried to reset the ECU controlling the seats, and intitially that worked, but soon the problems re-emerged, and now reset is not possible.

Anyone else had this? Took it to LR dealer, they are also having issues diagnosing what is wrong! Having to wait until 21/9 for one of their electronics gurus to look at it. Crying or Very sad
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Are they OK if the engine is running?

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 

Makes no difference, ignition on or off, or on and engine running! Crying or Very sad
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

I only asked as I have found that the modules are very intolerant of low battery voltage and quickly stop and the engine needs to be started to get the voltage back up.

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • maffffster
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

interesting, Following this topic as I have very similar issue with mine and wonder if it covered by the LR warranty
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 

Sadly mine is well outside the warranty period, but if yours is still inside I cannot see why it should not be.covered.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum