Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Aaarrrghh...Roof Racks!!

Roof rack options.

I really need a decent full rack which can take a Thule motion roof box which uses the claw clamp system.

Word on the street (from these forums) is that such a box won't fit on the standard JLR full rack and I don't want side rails and cross bars.

I'm either after a decent full (quiet) rack that a clamp style roof box will fit, or for anyone who does have the full JLR rack that they've managed to fit a Thule box to.
  • Labbix

Hi, can’t help you, but was looking for the same a while ago and didn’t find it, so curious as well to see what you might come up with!

So I ordered following:

- Thule Canyon XT: model number 859002
    - Thule Canyon Extension XT: model number 859101
    - Thule 1 key System: model number 450400
    - Thule Load Net: 130cmx90cm: model number 595100

588€ all together (Montenegro).

Which means I will have to swap it with the ski box when I need it. I will mostly use it to carry extra diesel and didn’t want to put jerry cans in the car or in the ski box (static electricity-explosion hazard).

Advantage: can use the same setup on my other cars
    Disadvantage: everything else Wink
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Hello,

I have the LR versatile roof rack, and can confirm that it will NOT take the larger Thule roof boxes.

It depends on how the roof box connects to the roof bars.

If you are interested in my one and are going through Luxembourg, feel free to PM me and you can have it cheap!!
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Hello,

This might be of interest to you...
    https://www.thule.com/en-gb/cargo-carrier/...6-_-697600

It seems that you CAN fit the Thule roof boxes to the slide rails on the versatile roof-rack.
    I haven't tried it, because I have taken the rack off my D5, but it might still be possible.
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I have just bought the Thule Aero Bars in black and a Thule Roof box with the claw system. It works perfectly and does not leave a mark.

More versatile than the LR ones, even allows me to put the bars and box on my wifes Mini Countryman too.

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Click image to enlarge

Managed to get this all sorted, for anyone who finds themself in the same predicament.

Versatile rack with Thule Motion roof box (which uses the PowerClick system).

I got the Thule T-Track adapter set, but you can throw the bolts away as they are useless, you need M8 bolts, at least 70mm long, and the T-Track width, annoyingly, is 20mm. You can find bolts like that, or grind some down to fit.

There is another option, the ski bars which fit to the versatile rook rack via the T-Track system are 79mm long, which the PowerClick system will easily fit over, but the box would be a lot higher and there's the additional cost circa. £300 for the ski bars.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum