Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

Check Engine (Amber)

Hoping someone might have some ideas - my ’check engine’ amber light came on today whilst travelling to Land Rover Experience Scotland. No other warnings at all, engine sounds fine, distance to service hasn’t suddenly dropped and Adblue is fine. Car was on long motorway journey on 70mph average speed from Glasgow to Dunkeld, has done 23,000 miles on a MY 2017 with 3.0 diesel in TD6 engine. Guys at LRExperience thought odd as no other warnings, so looking for ideas.

Am going to book it into a localish LR dealer and take it from there, but any ideas welcome!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Have you checked on the menu on the dash to see if a service is due?
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 

First thing I checked, having suffered the fuel dilution counter issues when I first got the car. Still shows over 9000 miles to service and 3,500miles of ad blue. Service indicator is pretty consistent when I checked a couple of weeks ago - always check it when I clean the cars!
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Been getting this on my 2017 TD6. started after the battery and wiring between starter and alternator was replaced. I am also getting a hood open warning which seems easy to cancel using the okay button. See vice not due for at least 5000kms, I will be interested to know what your dealer thinks of this.

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 

Well, the upshot this morning was that after a 3 mile drive, including the first 1.5 miles up a steep hill out of my town, the light has cleared. It was on when I left and when I parked, but after I returned from walking my dogs, it had extinguished itself on start up. So have left it for now and will keep a close eye on it - the car will need to go into the dealers soon as only half the heated windscreen will defrost, and unfortunately that’s the passenger side! Confused
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

First thing I always check is to make sure the fuel cap is on tight. 9 times out of 10 an intermittent CEL with no other symptoms is going to be emissions related, and the simplest thing is to just undo and reinsert the fuel filler cap. If it never comes back, just shrug and go on with life.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

mine was on this morning, then cleared after I had been parked up for a few hours, ohhh well

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Fuel Filter.

On the 3rd MARCH 2020 I had this lamp come on with message "reduced performance".
    On 4th MARCH 2020 I took the LR5 to my dealers. Blocked fuel filter diagnosed and changed.
    Bouquet to DONNELLY'S Dungannon for attending to this on the day.
    First contact 08:35, arrived at dealer 10:05, fault cleared etc and departed 14:00.

Last edited by MAC OSX on 8th Mar 2020 12:56 am. Edited 1 time in total

D5 HSE Lux 2017
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

even bigger congrats to dealer for sorting the problem out in the future Laughing

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Mordred Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

OPPS.

mordred1973 wrote:
    even bigger congrats to dealer for sorting the problem out in the future Laughing

Opps date error on my part. Date and Tax point (from invoice) 04/03/2020.

D5 HSE Lux 2017
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

My td6 showed amber last week and just returned from dealer. They determined a NOx fault was showing and referred to stop and go driving patterns affecting the td6. Never mind amber alert showed morning after completing 220 mile high speed mountain road run (almost 33 mpg US!!!) upon startup. They wanted to top up DEF which was at greater than 50% level. Replaced ECU, and reset SCR quality monitor system. Hopefully all well now.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum