Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Crowd funding for JLR?

I won’t bore you with the full story so far. Suffice to say I have been waiting for my local Inchcrap dealership to fix a warranty issue for nearly 2 years. (Thread started on this forum in late 2020)

They have at last assembled all the parts called for in the bulletin but haven’t got the right tool to do the job. (I couldn’t be bothered to sarcastically ask if I had to wait till they recruited him)

They have been ‘ringing round’ other JLR dealers to see if they had the said tool which they might borrow, with no success….another 3 weeks gone by.

They apparently approached Inchcrap HQ for authorisation to buy said tool. After 4 further weeks justifying and raising the necessary authorisation, HQ have approved the purchase……….provided my dealership shares the acquisition with the other Inchcrap dealership 40miles away.

The tool costs just £500.

No this is not April 1st or some nightmare I had.
    I am living in this deranged alternative universe that is JLR dealerland. (Or at least its the diet I am being fed!)

Had I been told of this colossal outlay a month ago I would have saved some time and bought it for them myself. I could have appealed to the internet to help pay this crippling cost to fix a warranty issue on a £60000 JLR vehicle.

I am holding my tongue until the fix is done and I can extricate myself from the JLR experience once and for all.

Were the name not already taken, I would have suggested they rebrand themselves to Dire Straights.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Very frustrating. When I dropped my 3 week old D5 off on Thursday and told the guy there the problem with the battery light staying on he mentioned something about back order on possible replacement parts and the fact it would be a week before they could even look at it.
    What vehicle have they given you to use?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Were the name not already taken, I would have suggested they rebrand themselves to Dire Straights.

This behaviour by a major brand must be loosing JLR many, many loyal customers like me who bought both new and used LRs over 15 years.
    Yes perhaps we all read topics like this and have a chuckle and glad it’s someone else’s misfortune but when it does happen and it seems it will happen ( new engine , new windscreen, lack of parts and lack of technicians) awful service and customer care the wise eventually walk with their money elsewhere.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

BigCol66 wrote:
    Very frustrating. When I dropped my 3 week old D5 off on Thursday and told the guy there the problem with the battery light staying on he mentioned something about back order on possible replacement parts and the fact it would be a week before they could even look at it.
    What vehicle have they given you to use?

I learnt early on that their speed of response was frequently dictated by the availability of courtesy cars.
    They would look at my car virtually ‘next day’ if I didn’t need the use of one of their cars ….courtesy cars had a 3 -4 week waiting list.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum