Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GraemeB
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Download symbol showing on Incontrol

Hey folks. I picked up an approved used MY18 a couple of weeks ago and decided to update the incontrol software whilst having a play with the new car. The software updated successfully to the latest 19c version and thought no more of it. I also updated maps. A day or two later I got a little download symbol (downward arrow pointing at a horizontal line) appear in the top left corner of the display.

I've checked if there are any updates available but I'm fully up to date on everything, and the download symbol won't go away. Anybody had the same issue or know what I can do to get rid of it? It's driving me mad!
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

It's probably downloading the latest 20 version which has just been released according to another thread here?

No sign of mine trying to download it though, don't know if I have over-the-air enabled or not.
  • GraemeB
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Discus. I did wonder that but when I check for update it says I'm on the latest version. Unless as you say, it attempted v20a before it was suspended. Either way it's not a helpful icon if there's no context. I'd prefer to avoid a trip to the dealers as not convinced they'd be able to give me an answer or fix it.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

ah, didn't know 20 had been suspended.
  • GraemeB
    United Kingdom 

Yes, the Topix update said...
    ""Software Over The Air (SOTA) Potential Concern;
    A potential concern has been identified with the latest level of Next Generation Infotainment (NGI) software ‘S20A_20.07.5-507626’. Whilst this concern is being investigated, we have suspended any further updates to this level."
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hopefully not contracted the Corona Virus Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • GraemeB
    United Kingdom 

Just in case anyone else gets the same issue, it persisted for 2 months, until last week it looks like it's been cleared following the latest update S20a_20.16.5-536345. Very odd but at least it's sorted.
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I did the S20a_20.16.5-536345. update over home WiFi one night this week the down load started I left it overnight but in the morning it hadn’t worked - so still on the old version and when I try to update again it says I am on the latest version .

Any ideas anyone ?
  • GonzagueGB
    Japan 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Lucky guys, mine is stuck at 19C_19.46.4-458817 and whatever I do... no updates Sad
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

There are 2 elements to the process.

The car needs to have the software facility for download, which I guess you do.

Also the JLR servers need to have you VIN enabled to allow the software to be sent to you.
    I would guess that this has not been done or is not "allowed" for your region..

Several UK owners had to call the dealer to get their VIN enabled at the JLR end, maybe call your dealer and ask?
  • GonzagueGB
    Japan 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Quote:

Post #27617Posted: 25th May 2020 5:56 pm Post subject:
    There are 2 elements to the process.

The car needs to have the software facility for download, which I guess you do.

Also the JLR servers need to have you VIN enabled to allow the software to be sent to you.
    I would guess that this has not been done or is not "allowed" for your region..

Several UK owners had to call the dealer to get their VIN enabled at the JLR end, maybe call your dealer and ask?

Thanks for the reply.

I will check this with the dealer here, and I would not be surprised that it is indeed not allowed here in Japan, things are really backward here when it comes to cars and IT, especially software, where Japan lag behind everyone (FIY Tesla cars need to be sent to the dealer and get government approval for each new updates).

However, my car VIN is registered with the InControl App (that allow me to remote start AC, Lock, and so on), is this different?

Cheers
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes, it is different.

The OTA has only been around since last Summer, whereas Remote,etc has been around from day one.

In the UK they were adding the VIN's in batches for OTA and are still doing so I understand.
    I had to ask for my VIN to be added and the dealer tech sorted it for me.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Mine updated a few days ago.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum