Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

For those looking to buy - Increased FDA

Seems LR have increased the FDA on new purchases. Was £4,500 when I was in the showroom at the weekend but is now £7,250 per the website.

Also Drivethedeal are currently offering 17% off a new Landmark but I'm unclear if this includes the increased FDA yet.

Hopefully prices will soften further.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

FDA ??

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Land Rover speak for a contribution towards finance. Finance Deposit Allowance.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

During lockdown, many people will reassess their need for a big car. It’s down to financial considerations and usage. I think 90% plus basically lease their car and having a LR is definitely not a necessity for many owners.

Doubtless, luxury brands have and will continue to take a hit. Their prices will fall further, particularly Stock vehicles and pre registered ones.

I was offered a new stock vehicle a couple of weeks ago, absolutely identical to what I have. The change price was £12k - I take the FDA and pay it off immediately.

What was I getting for that? 18 months newer and zero miles compared to 14k. Do I think it was worth it? I’ve no hesitation in saying NO. In 18 months I’d be in exactly the same position, but 12k lighter.

An anecdote here, I’ve been guilty of purchasing a new car because the tyres needed changed on a year old LR, so I can understand the temptation.

But as I am older and have bought quite a few new LRs, are they good value for money, NO, are they for penny pinchers or those on a budget, NO, should I have ever purchased one, NO and on that note I liken them to getting hooked on drugs, you know they are wrong, but you can’t help yourself, in my defence I quite like them, LRs I mean, and I can afford to waste the money and that’s life folks.
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Can now confirm the drivethedeal discount does includes the full FDA.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum