Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dankersalmon6
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

D5 Would Not Start

Just a heads up on an issue I had recently with the D5. I was fishing and quite a bit from the main road when I decided to move the car to another beat. When trying to start nothing, everything blank on the screen. The car would however open and close with the key no problem. I called LR assist and they came out (AA) and they suspected a flat battery. They tried to jump start it several time but nothing. Battery health was good in fact. They were about to call in the recovery truck when the chap I was fishing with ( who used to work with LR ) said to everyones amazement he knew what the problem was. I had been storing the key fob in my waders pocket with my phone and it had somehow wiped the memory of the fob and it would not comminucate with the car. A quick rub of the key under the steering collumn and everything sprang back to life. A simple hack ( although the LR / AA guy didnt know it ) saved the day. Just in case anyone else has a similar problem might get them out of a spot.
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Great info and one to watch out for 👍 Did you catch anything ? 🐟🐟
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum