Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• alymac
    Scotland 

Time From Factory To Dealers ?

Good evening all, just a quick one to ask if anyone knows roughly how long it takes from the car being finished at the factory to it’s arrival with the dealer ?

We ordered the car back in July with an anticipated delivery day of the 18th September, the dealer said the build was completed last Saturday (12th) but hasn’t got back to me since to say when he is expecting it. Can anyone shed any light, will it be another month or so before it arrives in the UK ?

Thank you in advance for any replies πŸ‘
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Land Rover tracking isn’t great (with BMW you can track the car every step of the way, train, boat and transporter included).

In 2019 my car was built around 12 July and picked up by me 8 August having arrived at the dealer about two days before. This year my car also took around a month I think.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Thanks very much for the reply..... I have just spoke with my salesman on the phone, they think that it might have arrived in Sheerness and are just awaiting confirmation of such so that they can organise transport to them which he says will probably take 4 days or so...... so hopefully if he is on the right track it'll be here soon πŸ€žπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Thanks again πŸ‘
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Afternoon folks, received an email this morning to say that the car has arrived & would I like to collect it on Wednesday.....really looking forward to seeing it πŸ˜€

Have a great weekend πŸ‘
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Exciting times Very Happy what spec did you go for?
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Hi there, we went for a 3ltr Landmark edition in black and spec’d it with black headlining, sliding sunroof, interactive display and a couple of other bits, looking forward to seeing it, we haven’t even sat in one so it’s all going to be new to us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 

Nice 😎I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Hoping to place an order for one in next few months.

Enjoy πŸ‘
  • eelpout
    United States 

Super88sonic wrote:
    Nice 😎I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Hoping to place an order for one in next few months.

the question at this point is do you wait long enough for the MY21 order cycle. whenever that begins. Wink
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 

Simple answer is I don't know. Hearing rumours details will be released this month but who knows.

I have access to a JLR Privilege voucher which gives me 21% discount to stock vehicles. Or could wait it out and spend more for the face lift version.

Confused
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum