Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• alymac
    Scotland 

It arrived ......

Evening folks, the car arrived and we collected on Wednesday. We have only managed a few short trips so far but we absolutely love it......

A wee quick picture....hopefully Mr. Green Mr. Green

Have a great weekend Thumbs Up
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looks very nice, enjoy. Thumbs Up

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looking well cool, especially the matching wheels Cool
    20's or 22's as hard to tell? Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Cool motor, loving the black of course
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Very Nice

I get mine in 2 weeks I hope it looks as good.Which model is it ?
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Thanks folks, it’s our first ever discovery and we are loving it.

It’s a landmark edition and has the 20”wheels.

Cheers Thumbs Up

2020 SDV6 Landmark Edition - Narvik Black
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

Almost a week in

Hey Aly had the D5 almost a week now how’s it been? Have you got any tips or tricks for me ?
    I had a call on Monday to say mine may arrive this week and would I like to pop in when it arrives to see it and to decide if I want the wheels painted black. I was like ...eh doh course I do . Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Let me know how your getting on with yours. I’ve a few things I’ve to remember to ask at pick up time.
    1. Remind them of my Land Rover experience freebie.
    2. Seems to be a few posts re SIM cards and do I need one.
    3.Service pack ( anyone got advice on this ie worth it or not)
    4.Spare wheel anti theft device does MY 2020 have it as standard.
    Any other things I need to remember and ask ? Please limit the silly replies ie Errrmm is it petrol or diesel
    Cool
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Hi Gaz, you must be getting excited now it's getting nearer to being here, I know I was when ours was Mr. Green

We are still getting used to ours to be fair, still only relatively short trips, but every one a pleasure so far Thumbs Up

The first tip I would give you is learn how to open the boot before you visit Ikea as we were all in stiches trying to open the thing on Sunday in Ikea's car park Whistle Mr. Green Mr. Green

I have booked it in for a stage 1 polish and ceramic coating of paintwork, wheels and all painted trim so that would possibly be my first piece of advice......dont let the dealer wash it when it arrives Mr. Green Mr. Green

I also will need to chase up my dealer regards the experience freebie as there was no mention of this when collecting etc but it was mentioned in the "handover video" Whistle

I'm going to investigate the sim card thing a little more as I do think that there is one installed in the car but I appear to be having problems signing in to my account in the car so it may need a bit of tweeking, I have only given it about 5 minutes of time so far so I may have missed something......very possible indeed Mr. Green

I haven't opted for a service pack with the car as I have two dealers about the same distance from me so not sure which one to choose for servicing at the moment, hopefully won't need to give it too much thought for the next year anyway...fingers crossed Laughing

I will pop my head underneath to have a look at the spare wheel to see what it looks like Mr. Green

So far, we love ours and are very happy with our decision, love the interactive display as in my opinion it makes the car feel that little bit more special, could be as we have never had anything like it before but I think its a good option to have Thumbs Up

Hopefully yours arrives soon and you get to enjoy it, looking forward to seeing pictures of it when it does.

Cheers Thumbs Up

2020 SDV6 Landmark Edition - Narvik Black
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

Swirls

Yeah good shout re not letting the dealership wash the car that’s a given.My last car had a front end Expel PPF wrap and the rest of the car ceramic coated cost me 2k. I’d be scared to imagine what wrapping the D5 front end would cost.😝.I use Spotless Detailing in Perth he is excellent but very busy getting booked in is the problem.Now thinking why did I go for BLACK Laughing Laughing Laughing I can’t get booked in yet as I haven’t got a confirmed date of arrival.
    I’ll just need to keep it clean and as swirl free as possible until I can get an appointment.
  • Gaz62
    Scotland 

Arrived Yesterday

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum