Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Discolife
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Rear door won’t close

Afternoon all, quick search I couldn’t find the answer. My left rear door won’t latch and we’ve had to hold it closed to get it home. Is there a known fault or idea what I need to order to fix, unfortunately now out of warranty. Many thanks
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

As it can only be recently out of warranty <I would have a discussion with the dealer as I dont think this is a common issue as it would have triggered a recall. If you ask them some dealers can be helpful but you usually have to get by the firewall ! thats the service booking desk, and talk to somebody helpful.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

This is a common issue there have been a lo with the same issue. New lock mechanism required.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

think you may have your doors mixed up as passenger doors opening on they're own is a serious matter.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

No no mix up it is a known issue and a lot of people have had it happen
    I actually carry two straps just in case to ensure O can get it pulled shut if it happens to me

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Gosh!
    One fault that I never experienced!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    No no mix up it is a known issue and a lot of people have had it happen
    I actually carry two straps just in case to ensure O can get it pulled shut if it happens to me

Says a lot about the D5!!
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Door latch failures

This is a fairly common and very dangerous failure. I had my grand daughter in her child seat off side rear door flew open when turning a tight left turn what a bluddy fright we got. I thought at first she had pulled the handle but when I checked the door it wouldn't stay closed, door latch was goosed. had tape in car to tape door shut until we got home. The car was 3.5 years old warranty was with WD, went to LR latch was replaced, sorted but somebody will get seriously hurt or killed one day.
    Now a year later I'm having to replace the near side rear door latch because it's causing a problem with the alarm not setting itself, scared it might fly open as well. Apparently the lock mechanism has a modulator built in to it that tells the car it's locked then the alarm sets itself. New lock mechanism costs £150 ish doing it myself because LR can't look at it until mid Feb. Cheaply made me thinks. Sad

PS same lock on RRS, RR D5 prob Velar.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Scottlw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Just had the same issue. Land Rover assist fixed on the first visit, but then did it again a few days later. Lock mechanism replaced today to fix.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

What year car was this please

• Scottlw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Its a 2018
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum