Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Japseroony
    United Kingdom 

Off road options

Hi Everyone

Looking for a vehicle to do some light green laneing in and replace my D2 V8.

I have had several D3’s and a couple of D4’s and been to the Pyrenees in both but noticed the later low ish mileage D3’s are going up in price and the D4’s just seem to be ridiculous in price to the point an early D5 (sorry for calling them D5’s) is now becoming an option especially the petrol version as that avoids the D4 crank issue and also the DPF/oil dilution issue on the Diesel engine.

Anyway, just wondering what off road options are available such as steering guard, rock sliders, under body protection and other bits you guys would suggest?

Cheers.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Don't be scared off by the supposed Td6 diesel dilution. It doesn't happen...the car just thinks it does. It’s a fantastic engine and if you ever want to do more than mild green laning a torquey diesel 6 is the engine to have.

Lots of options for rock sliders, bash plates, etc...Google is your friend. If money isn't an issue and you don't mind paying shipping from the US then look at Lucky 8. I'm pretty sure they'll ship. Bought my sliders and bash plate from them.

However, if you are just doing light green laning you don't need any of that stuff. Invest instead in a good set of wheels and tires you can swap on for muddy runs when you want to.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

For add-ons... Try calling wildbear 4x4. Call them rather than looking at their site. They are UK based, and very good quality and service!!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

As DieselRanger says, don't worry about oil dilution, it's sorted, D5 should be more capable than D3 or D4 if only because its 500kg lighter.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum