Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ChrisAbel
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Suspension Damping too Soft - Upgrade Options

So I've just bought a September 2020 D5 HSE Luxury with 15k miles for my wife and we both like the car but i really hate the soft suspension damping (compression and rebound).
    When going over a series of gentle undulations on single track country lanes at a reasonable speed it bottoms the suspension out and the rebound damping is so poor that it causes the back end of the car to double bounce. The cornering and general handling of the car could be significantly be improved with greater compression and rebound damping.

In hindsight i should have bought a D5 with the adaptive suspension, like i've got on my Defender 110 D300 HSE. The defender although no different at acceleration or braking, is significantly more controlled and ultimately faster / safer on a rough country lane.

Has anyone tried changing the dampers on a D5? The Rangerover sport dampers or Defenders my fit? The RRS or Defender could use the same dimensions and have valving with greater compression and rebound damping?

Or has anyone found an Aftermarket Shock / Damper manufacturer that offers a damper that improves road handling?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum