Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Storming
    Scotland 

Fixed tow bar

Simple question

Can you get a fixed tow bar that will take a ball and pin on a new order 21 ?

Ta

Storming.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Storming, it only seems that you get the detachable or deployable for the revised models. They have done away with the fixed one apparently, which I posted up a few months ago. Could always ask the dealer I suppose?

Best bet is to get an aftermarket one fitted from a tow bar company like Indespension who are based in Edinburgh, but am sure there must be a decent company in Inverness.

Mind you lots are on ebay for around £30 with a 3,500kg capacity. You will also need a tow eye cover which is £50 odd. Hope this helps Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Storming
    Scotland 

Thank for that.

It’s difficult enough to get my dealer to talk to me about a new car far less getting down to this detail. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Any good dealers down your way ?

S
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I forgot to say that we also have the fixed towbar, hence was looking too spec up the new 2021 face-lift model, but it seems that option has been omitted for some reason.

We have used what used to be Pentland in Perth, and Frank Ogg and sons in Elgin, but they have all changed ownership now. Used to be Macrae and Dick in Inverness, but now Parks. All were good before the takeovers, so much of the same now.

Getting really scarce a good dealership, as before they used to bend over backwards to accommodate you. Now it's all about targets. Lots of the older salesman have left or retired now. I ended up walking out of 2 garages after putting deposits down. They lost the sale for the sake of a full tank of fuel (£100). Only get a 1/4 tank now they said. I received grovelling apologies from both garages, saying they made a mistake and will do me a good deal, but I bought elsewhere.

Maybe try Dundee as they are a new outfit and I have heard of decent reviews, but I have not used them.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 23rd Feb 2021 11:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I couldn’t be arsed with my local dealerships. They’d blown it so many times tbh.

Why not try Guy Salmon in Stockport? I purchased from them and they were faultless, even collected me from the airport when I flew in to collect and I got a full tank of fuel - just over £100 and it’s a flagship branch. Their breakfast bar is something out of an airport VIP.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Seconding Guy Salmon, but this time Bristol, in case that is more convenient for the OP.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Storming
    Scotland 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    I forgot to say that we also have the fixed towbar, hence was looking too spec up the new 2021 face-lift model, but it seems that option has been omitted for some reason.

We have used what used to be Pentland in Perth, and Frank Ogg and sons in Elgin, but they have all changed ownership now. Used to be Macrae and Dick in Inverness, but now Parks. All were good before the takeovers, so much of the same now.

Getting really scare a good dealership, as before they used to bend over backwards to accommodate you. Now it's all about targets. Lots of the older salesman have left or retired now. I ended up walking out of 2 garages after putting deposits down. They lost the sale for the sake of a full tank of fuel (£100). Only get a 1/4 tank now they said. I received grovelling apologies from both garages, saying they made a mistake and will do me a good deal, but I bought elsewhere.

Maybe try Dundee as they are a new outfit and I have heard of decent reviews, but I have not used them.

Yes both Ogg’s and Dicks are hopeless now.

☹️
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum