Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 4x4newbie
    United Kingdom 

Is the HSE dashboard trim stitched leather and SE plastic?

Looking at interior pics the HSE glove box looks to have stitching across so presume its leather yes, and the SE version is some form of plastic? Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

HSE Lux is the only grade with leather glovebox and door tops. At least in the testers and loaners I have had, HSE had a more synthetic material, albeit slightly better than SE. I’m talking MY19 onwards for my experience.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

my 2017 HSE has synthetic that is made to look stitched. Looks fine other than rainwater leaves marks, they do wash off but means constantly cleaning the door interiors in winter.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • 4x4newbie
    United Kingdom 

So it does look a bit more classier then the SE interior which I presume is like plastic?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

a while since I have seen an SE, but from memory the glovebox cover is hard plastic the HSE is padded and made to look stitched.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum