Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Auto stop start

Hi all,
    Just starting to get what I think is an intermittent fault on my auto stop/start. Works sometimes other times not, did a four hundred mile trip this week and it did not work the first couple of times I stopped, thinking battery or software, any thoughts appreciated.
    Mark
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

It is automatically disabled if the battery is low or if the DPF is regenerating.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Have you accidentally disabled the button for it by any chance?
    Buttons near the gearknob.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • bammmy

Hello,
    Not sure about the regeneration timing, as said could be the battery although I had just completed a continuous 400mile journey. I know that it was definitely switched on, even tried flashing it on and off via the switch to see if that reset/rebooted it. Will hang on a while longer for suggestions and to further monitor it myself then will have to book it in at the dealers. The car is a 2019 3L HSE with 16K on the clock.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

there are a lot of things that effect it, battery, temperature, air con etc. Not uncommon for it not to wok at start of journey if the car doesn't tick all the boxes.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum