Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DiscOlly
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Start/Stop Feature

Hi all,

I have a pet hate of drivers who sit at red traffic lights with their foot on the brake, especially at night, as it dazzles the car behind (me)...fast forward to my Disco! When I stop at lights for more than a couple of seconds, I apply the parking brake and take my foot off the brake pedal - in the Disco, as I come to a halt, the start/stop system turns off the engine (good). I apply the EPB, release my foot and the engine instantly restarts! (Doh!) I’ve tried moving the gear select to neutral (not that I want to) but the same thing happens.

The iGuide manual implies this is correct operation, but it seems wrong to me, as if the EPB is engaged, I’m not going anywhere. This feature works as I’d expect in a Mitsubishi Outlander, so I’m surprised by the Disco.

Am I missing an extra step? Is there something else that allows the engine to stay off, but with my foot off the brake? Other than switching the car off, which is a bit too extreme Surprised)

Any input welcome.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I am the same as you. Anymore than 10 seconds and I normally select neutral and apply EPB. Couldn’t tell you what happens with the engine tbh. Not something that would register with me. Mildly irritating that when you select neutral the parking sensor screen comes on, but I can live with it.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I always thought we had auto hold and I just hadn’t bothered switching it on. But just looked in the manual and can’t find it. How crap.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Try selecting P when the Auto stop has operated when stopped at the lights - this engages the park brake - when the lights change I then select D or S and the engine starts up park brake releases and away we go !
  • DiscOlly
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Thanks for the tip - I guess that explains why some reversing lights flash just before the car in front pulls away. I’ll give it a go.

Seems a simple software update to link in the EPB signal to Start/Stop.

Cheers
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum