Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Whippetman
    England 

Is it me?

Hi all
    Is it just me or is there anyone else noticing there are quite a few more D5s on the roads?
    Mine is 3 years old this week and I’m going to stick with her with a LR warranty.

HSE Lux is hard to beat for the £ as I’ve been looking at other marques it does make sense to keep on running with what I have! Thumbs Up

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

There are at least three on my new school run, plus mine. 19/69/20 plates, so all pretty new.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Whippetman.. are you going with LR ( Car Care ) Warranty. I priced it and it was expensive, and premium increased yearly dependent upon vehicle aam currently looking at Warrantywisw who seem more comprehensive and a lump cheaper especially over 3 years.ge. I

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No, not seen any more or less tbh. Like you I’d stick with the present D5, but to put the money into land or property. It’s a mugs game to keep changing cars.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Definitely more here in Colorado. Good to see!
  • Whippetman
    England 

harrythespider wrote:
    Whippetman.. are you going with LR ( Car Care ) Warranty. I priced it and it was expensive, and premium increased yearly dependent upon vehicle aam currently looking at Warrantywisw who seem more comprehensive and a lump cheaper especially over 3 years.ge. I

The advice from a Very good independent LR garage is to go with LR.
    Maybe more expensive but in their huge experience the LR policy is usually approved without too much quibble.By the by they can’t sell it so no £ interest for them..
    In their opinion it’s a no brainer.
    Cheapest is rarely the best.
    My replacement engine would have cost c. £15k within warranty!
    Probably pay monthly with the LR assist although the supply of a replacement car via Enterprise has been a Mazda or an Epace in my recent experience.
    Each to their own.,the choice is yours....

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

If you search “warranty” on the sister site, D3/4 forum, very, very few recommend the LR warranty, but an overwhelming majority do recommend Warranty Direct, whom authorise and pay quicker and cover more than LR, including replacement engines, but as you say each to their own.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Definitely seeing more recently, although there may be a slight ownership bias in that I notice them more now I own one.

More people must be realising what a good choice they are! Totally relaxed and refined way to drive through some horrible wintry conditions in the last few days Thumbs Up
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

They are okay. Mine sits in the driveway most of its life. I did 200 miles in it during October. Haven’t touched it for 11 days at the moment.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum