Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

2023.5 Metropolitan

Yet more changes for anyone waiting for a build slot, forcing a new order to be submitted.

The base price of a Metropolitan Edition has increased by £2,150.

The configurator suggests either the Head-up Display or the Interactive Driver Display, but not both.

It looks like the PM2.5 Cabin Air Purification is now Cabin Air Purification Plus. Question

The Front centre console cooler compartment is now a Front centre console refrigerator compartment. Question

Apart from the price increase and the question over the display, has anything actually changed?
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Well I wouldn't want to lose the interactive display, but would be a shame to not get the HUD as I was looking forward to that. I've got an order in the dealer pool, awaiting allocation.......

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • gavsta

Re: 2023.5 Metropolitan

gavsta wrote:
    It looks like the PM2.5 Cabin Air Purification is now Cabin Air Purification Plus. Question

This may be more than a name change:

From an old press release:

Cabin Air Purification Plus for Land Rover makes its debut in the Range Rover Velar, offering improved air quality for all occupants. The new system optimises cabin air quality by automatically introducing fresh external air when sensors detect CO2 levels fall outside of acceptable levels, something which can occur in the event of air recirculation being on for extended periods in polluted areas or with several occupants. High concentrations of CO2 can cause drowsiness, reducing driver alertness, so the feature is intended to provide both wellbeing and safety benefits.

No mention of the air filtration offered by the PM2.5 Cabin Air Purification.

A couple of other changes:

In a similar vein, Pivi Pro is now Pivi Pro with Connected Navigation. It's so difficult to know if anything has changed, other than a name. Is Land Rover removing spec on the quiet?

The Activity key is no longer available.

My dealer has said that both HUD and Interactive Driver Display are still included on the Metropolitan Edition.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I also spoke to my dealer about the interactive display and the hud, while you cannot select them both in the configurator they did appear on his detailed spec sheet for my metropolitan.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks for confirming about the HUD & IDD. Great news!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I notice they have now deleted the grab handles for the second row seats. I am currently now driving a MY 20 HSE SDV6 while I wait LR to fix my now 4 week old D5. I had to give the RR sport back as I needed a vehicle with a tow bar.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I emailed to my dealer yesterday about my order and just to check it was on track as the build date is 1 month away. He came back today to say that its been pushed out from mid September to mid November!! Stating a shortage of the Meridian sound system.

Has anyone heard a similar statement?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum