Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• dlks151
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Powerfold Mirrors

Well, having taken delivery of my D5 HSE Lux on Friday and getting a bit of time alone with her tonight to get settings as I want them, I note that the Powerfold Mirrors are a dealer configurable item. My D4 came already set from the factory.

LR Online Owner Manual states "The door mirrors can be configured by a retailer/authorised repairer to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked and unfold when it is unlocked"

Has anybody else had this configured or had the vehicle come already set up?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

My HSE folds on the first press of the lock button.
  • dlks151
    Scotland 

Jim

And that's how I would have thought they were supposed to operate, but not the case !!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Something wrong there then! Big Cry
  • dlks151
    Scotland 

Jim

That's just the tip of the icebreg I'm afraid Big Cry Big Cry , it'll be making its way back to the dealers shortly so will have them activate this when its with them.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Am having the same problem. Folded on the DS but was having a fiddle tonight but nothing 😞. Several other features on the car that don't work either. I dont think my loan cars been set up at all 😞
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Mine fold and unfold Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

My First edition had the option switched off when I collected the car, I asked if it didn't have folding mirrors. They configured it in about 3 minutes.........

It is the first car I have had where the dealer went through a configuration sheet with me a few days before collection, DAB radio stations etc. I was well impressed until I realised they had pretty much ignored it......
  • forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

TBH, i think a lot depends on your dealer, mine is spot on and i have a good relationship with the salesman, all my old presets from the D4 where carried forward, plus all the extra bits setup, the handover was around 90mins long, including a test drive to show the auto parking, both types...
    Maybe thats why "touch wood" i have not seen any issue, bar sometimes the locking takes a couple of touches on the handle.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Yep mine folds in, has done since day one.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • dlks151
    Scotland 

Yup, seems pretty much down to whether or not your dealer can be bothered to take the time to actually prepare and hand the vehicle over properly. Despite them having my vehicle with them for 3 weeks before it was delivered out to me, I was never given the option as to how it was to be set up.

Any other dealer configurable functions that I / we should have been made aware of?
  • J77
    Scotland 

Must admit I can't complain, my D5 arrived on the Thursday and I picked it up on the Saturday morning. Everything thing as it should.

Not sure how much stuff dealers configure.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum