Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• discovery1953
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Ad-blue warning message.

It had to wait until I was on holiday, but my ad-blue warning message has come up on the dash saying that it needed to be topped up in the next thousand miles.

The Owners handbook states that the distance to empty can be viewed in MENU-Vehicle Info-Next Service but I don't seem to have this option.

If I buy a reputable brand of ad-blue are there any pitfalls I should know about before adding it?

Thanks
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Any reputable brand of adblue will be OK, I would put 10litres in. Poor it it in very slowly as it will continually blow back as the fluid displaces the air in the pipe work. It does help if the car is slightly nose up as it helps the air to bleed. Don't be tempted to completely fill it until it's upto the top of the filler as that will have completely filled the tank, the sensor then won't be able to see the top of the fluid and will flag a fault, needing a recovery to dealers to drain some fluid out.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum