Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Normal height only

Just returned from a trouble free 2000 mile trip around the Scottish highlands but then 50 miles from home got "normal height only" on the dash Censored . Stopped the car, turned it off and the warning stayed off the rest of the way home.
    This morning got in the car and within 2 miles the fault was back. On IID tool it said something like "static pressure slow to fill" so I am guessing I either have a leak or a worn out compressor. Going to investigate fully tomorrow-Wish me luck Rolling with laughter

2017 3.0 First edition. Silicone silver with black pack
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Sound like the compressor seal.

Mine was more dramatic. I heard a car back fire behind me….except there wasn’t one! Normal height only appeared on the dash and next day a few £ were shelled for a new compressor.
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Mine went with a pop this morning, Stripped the compressor box and found the fault. An expansion valve inside the box has split at the seam. Have ordered a genuine AMK replacement which should be here later today so fingers crossed that will fix it 🤞

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

I wasn’t going to do any internals…. as the rest of the compressor was the same vintage. Rather than wait for something else to fail, I replaced the whole compressor unit.

Last edited by Wolfpack on 21st Feb 2024 11:56 am. Edited 3 times in total
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Duplicate post
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

All fixed Bow down Thumbs Up , Part even came with replacement rivets. when removed the expansion valve had opened up on the joint. New part fitted and back to full health, if not even faster than before at changing height so it must have had a slight leak before failing completely. Can see in the photo where the valve casing has opened up slightly. No wonder landrover want 600+vat for a full compressor and want your old unit back(£200 surcharge) when they can repair it for £35 Censored

Looking at my old valve it looks like an aftermarket one so may have already been changed in the past at some point but is now a genuine AMK/Landrover part

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum