↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DiscoverySam
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Throttle Body and Intercooler Pipe Joint Repeated Failure

Just waiting on recovery again …….
    After some advice…

I have a problem with my Discovery 5 3.0 SDV6, 118000 miles 2019 plate

I have recently had issues with DPF full etc and have had new MAP sensor, new throttle body and new intercooler feed pipe as all carbonned up

After the initial work above I did around 300 miles and then the intercooler pipe blew off the throttle body and cracked the spigot meaning it couldn’t be simply put back on and also damaged the plastic holding clips on the throttle body

The garage I use then replaced the the throttle body again and intercooler feed pipe into the throttle body as well as diagnosing that the engine is building to much pressure because the DPF is blocked. The DPF was taken off and sent away for cleaning at the same time

I picked the car up yesterday and have done maybe another 100 miles and the intercooler pipe has again come off. I reinstalled it myself and did another mile before it blowing again. This time the spigot that joins the throttle body is cracked again requiring replacement

What is the garage missing because at the moment I’m a few K deep into this problem and back to square one?
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Which garage are you using in Norfolk?

Was the pressure still too high after replacing the cleaned DPF?

Some garages have a habit of diagnosing a problem, implementing what they feel needs to be done….and not double checking it actually effected a change before releasing it to the client…… to test it!
  • DiscoverySam
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Roy Humphrey

They’ve been good as gold to be fair so far

Pressure tested before it came back and seemed to be ok. They road tested for 80 miles and it did another 100 with me in it before it failed again
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum