Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Flatcoat
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Rear Camera - Turn on above 20mph

I do a fair bit of towing and on the D4 you could select to turn on the rear camera from the 'Hidden Screen" to check the front of the trailer, the hitch brake, jockey wheel etc etc.

Is this possible on the D5...???
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Would be nice if we could but not so far

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • S2bear
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Yes you can leave the cam on but not sure how.

I put the bike carrier on for the first time and had the cam on at higher speed for some time as I was paranoid my fatbike would bounce out of the cradle. Turned it off on the motorway when it was politely pointed out that, Her staring at my bike through a camera was not one of the reasons she married me (The list is growing). I tried later, when I was already at a cruising speed, I couldn't put the camera on. I think maybe if you hit the cam button/icon below a certain speed going forwards (manual says it only works below 18kmh ) it may just stay on as mine did. I managed it twice then stopped bothering as apparently, it's not normal behaviour. I only have the rear view camera on my D5. Stu
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum