Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonej

LR Finance interest rates

Hello all! D4 HSE Lux owner from the other site here - just have a quick question as I'll be looking to change (probably) to a D5 in six months or so.

Land Rover quote an interest rate of 6.9% on their finance examples but I was just wondering what people have been able to achieve from the dealers? I know the dealers really don't have to work hard to sell the cars these days so it would be interesting to see whether 5% is achievable or whether they're fixed at the rates they quote.

My D4 was my first venture into the world of PCP but it didn't take too much effort to get the rate down to 4% (not a main dealer).
  • J77
    Scotland 

I used Santander for my one they were 5.9%

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • JackW
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Interest rates here in the United States at a local Credit union are currently 1.9%
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Lloyds are offering 4.2%, or were last week. Though I think you need to be a customer of the bank.
  • simonej

1.9% would be helpful! Very Happy I did actually wonder about borrowing the money off my mortgage (which is about the same rate or thereabouts) and then overpaying every month.

J77, did you try and haggle with the LR dealers on the rate or did you just go straight to a non Land Rover provider?
  • simonej

winger wrote:
    Lloyds are offering 4.2%, or were last week. Though I think you need to be a customer of the bank.

Thanks! Showing 4.6% now but between that and the LR rate would be about £70 a month difference! Can't believe people are paying out at 6.9%!
  • J77
    Scotland 

No I just went straight to Santander, the dealer was pretty good with part ex and adding service pack to the new car, I didn't want to push my luck, though I've dealt with the same salesman/dealer for 10 years so I don't suppose it would've been too hard.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I am not sure that they are able to offer an alternative product any longer. My local dealer is certainly frustrated at the LR Finance interest rate, as they are losing finance business as a result (with the associated loss in commission). Crazier still, Lloyds back LR Finance!
  • S2bear
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Dealer wouldn't budge after several attempts, so

Went to Lombard and they charged 4.2%. Makes a big difference.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum