Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Infotainment system

Has anyone come across a faulty infotainment system, when the music is playing that the whole screen jumps up and down, similar too those novelty dancing plant pots that move to music. ( bad analagy but thats the best way I can describe it or like a nodding dog), if that makes sense. Laughing
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

For once a fault I haven't got (yet)!

I look forward to getting this one....
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Luckily it's one I dont have either but some poor unfortunate person has it. Was shown a video of it. The only way to describe it is trying to view the sat nav whilst jumping up and down on a trampoline. Near impossible and infuriating to say the least. Rolling Eyes
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I'm not a massive fan of the pastel colours on the satnav.

Worse - the voice commands that the D4 satnav understood are now gone (that's progress I suppose)
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I kind of like it when the sat nav goes black in the dark though, looks kind of cool Laughing

I also find the voiced directions a bit of a pain when listening to music so I just mute the volume until am alot nearer my destination and only then do I unmute it.
  • Craigp
    England 

What's the matter RR starting to run out of faults for your own car that you are now stealing others. Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well my infotainment is only freezing or not switching off. Seems to have rectified itself on start up the day after. I was merely asking if anyone had come across this issue thats all. Seems like a stabilising issue plus someone else on here had got new bits added to their infotainment system, but that was for another issue. That's one fault I dont want to inherit mate as I my plate is already overflowing Shocked Censored
  • Craigp
    England 

Also having issues with mine. Nothing serious just when it boots up goes to the radio first takes an age to initialize the usb. Dealer raising the problem with JLR as he replicated fault/feature with one in showroom. I've posted this all before. Not really anything else to be upset about so can't complain although that's never stopped me in the past.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ur one of the lucky ones. Try being in my shoes Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I can live with trivial issues like this, but the more major ones am having are a bone of contention Shocked
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum