Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Tailgate and key fob.

My tailgate dosnt open fully when I use the key fob. It raises about a quarter, if you press the button again it opens a little more but not much. It opens fine using the button under the V on the tailgate also the button by the drivers seat.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I think we can clearly see that it's goosed then Shocked
  • Craigp
    England 

It's booked in for next Tuesday. Along with powered inner tailgate fault. Can't load my phone contacts and a blemish in the paintwork on the filler cap cover. It's like a dark mark under paint.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Makes you think how the cars have ever passed the PDI intially in the first place. Are they even getting checked properly, or is it just a case of ticking the checklist sheet as the persons running late for their tea break? At the price we are paying for these vehicles, they should be double/triple checking everything. I have had vans at a fraction of the price, with better paintwork, than the D5 had on the day I picked it up Shocked

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th Jun 2017 11:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

Is my one the only one that hasn't been back to the dealer? I'm starting to feel left out

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Dont tempt fate by jinxing it J77 Laughing
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

Mine hasn't either J77, although there is a death rattle coming from under the cup holders when I put it in reverse. Sounds like hard plastic on hard plastic so probably a wiring terminal block vibrating against the bottom of the centre storage.
  • dlks151
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Mine exhibited the same fault on the tailgate upon delivery. There's a know problem with them and dealers have been advised on an appropriate fix, I've had no subsequent issues after the fix has been carried out.

Also has paint / trim issues which are yet to be addressed !!
  • Craigp
    England 

The service guy did mention they had had another like this. Said they changed the motor I'm beginning to now think he was talking about my other problem with the flap as clearly the motor works fine for the other buttons so one would think a control issue.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

dlks151 wrote:
    Mine exhibited the same fault on the tailgate upon delivery. There's a know problem with them and dealers have been advised on an appropriate fix, I've had no subsequent issues after the fix has been carried out.

Also has paint / trim issues which are yet to be addressed !!

I was having intermittant problems with the tailgate refusing to open or close from the buttons inside the boot and on the tailgate button itself. Only managed to open and close via the internal button.

No joy with the foot under the exhaust either to open up the tailgate. !!

No joy with the wristband to open the tailgate when pressed against the "D" on the tailgate either.

No joy with the autobraking feature either Shocked
  • Craigp
    England 

So it's all going pretty well then!🙄🙄🙄
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Not mentioning a whole raft of other issues. I could write a book on it Shocked Censored
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum